Don't move your Thai wife to the West if you want to come back .

sirineou

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If you've got a woman, and a house, I can't imagine any reason to come back to Thailand either.

I certainly wouldn't.

I love Thailand, I guess if i lived there for a while, it might wear out, that's why I don't want to sell the house, 

Give it a try for a couple of years and see how it goes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

The real life stories I know are only happy stories of where the Thais do not want to go back (mainly because they can now earn decent money). They also told me they finally found REAL friends, something they often said to never really had in Thailand (even they thought they had while still in Thailand). 

Funny how these things differ so much from online topics, I guess we rarely get to hear the good news.

True enough. But as anywhere the most important factor of everyday life is the attitude of  community regardless of location.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Well, you could as easy do cheaper and easier short holidays in southern Europe too right. At least, that is what I will do if we move, during winters.
I actually started to miss the seasons, to always sit in extreme hot weather isn't everything after many years as well.

Fair points, but the cold season in Thailand is very nice, not extremely hot, actually sometimes under 20 in the evenings.

Yes I am also considering that option, southern Europe in the summers, rent an apartment somewhere for a month or two just to get away from Thailand, getting new views, impressions.   

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Fair points, but the cold season in Thailand is very nice, not extremely hot, actually sometimes under 20 in the evenings.

Yes I am also considering that option, southern Europe in the summers, rent an apartment somewhere for a month or two just to get away from Thailand, getting new views, impressions.   

Well yes but the cold season is generally very short or combined with heavy air pollution like right now in CM. That same weather is also available in Spain / Portugal. Edit: Ok well, maybe you would still be better off in the south of Thailand during winter time indeed.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1