SURVEY: Coronavirus -- danger or false alarm?

Scott

SURVEY: Coronavirus -- danger or false alarm?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know any about the coronavirus.

But I read there are more sick people amongst us.

Here on TV, but also in the street and community (village in the city).

At home, 4 people and all sick. Three has heavy headache and two couching.

Not believing in the coronavirus be here, but possible the season of flu?

In all the years living here never had this, and never 2 or more people sick at same time, in home.

11 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Antibiotics cannot treat virus, so your previous use won't matter. 

But still, get well soon.

I'm currently blocked up with a cold, messed up one of my ear tubes, but getting better now.

Was in Vietnam last week where it started.

Oh my god maybe I've got it!

My humble apologies, I have been given Antiviral drugs as well as Antibiotics. The Antiviral drugs kill the virus and the Anti Bacterial drugs treat any secondary infection. After having had the fluid drained from my lungs, I am already feeling a lot better than I did yesterday morning. Thank you for get well soon BritManToo.

I suspect it will be a minor health problem with some countries acting out of an abundance of caution.   Those with weakened immune systems, elderly and probably a few other groups may be at greater risk.   

well 3 cities have been shut down now and they are stopping people travelling, more deaths and severe cases. They are saying it is likely from bats or snakes but as chines people eat bats its not surprising, thai authorities need the get serious as WHO is getting more concerned with how fast it is spreading and the rising death toll

I voted for the second option as China seems to have woken up and taken impressive actions to tackle the spread of the virus before it got completely out of hand. That being said, 11 million people in Wuhan, Lunar New Year and knowing how little Chinese people understand and care about scientific medical facts and advice, I still consider the situation to be very severe, especially considering the virus has already spread significantly outside the lockdown regions and the fact that all levels of Chinese society is infamous of not telling the truth about just about anything.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 2:15 PM, rabas said:

Thai officials said there is no problem.

There is never a problem in Thailand if you believe what the authorities say.
At present there is no drug that cures this new disease;
and the confinement first of 11 million inhabitants and now of almost 50 million, so a larger area will in no way prevent this virus from spreading;
there are already cases reported in the USA, France and other European countries.
It's like that, it's life .. and death that goes with it ...

"It's likely to be quite dangerous and will have a significant impact on people. "

Is the only answer since it is obviously considered dangerous by authorities to implement measures to contain it, and has already significantly impacted tens of millions of people .   

Edited by sirineou