BANGKOK
saengd

Those 39 Million Tourists

Threads that try to disprove popular conspiracy or bias theories tend to be quite short because there's nothing left to bitch and moan about until a new subject comes up. My worry is that having earlier disproved many of the Baht manipulation theories and now moving on to this, one day the TVF hit squad will come along and zap  me because threads like these are bad for business. 😁

Edited by saengd
  • Thanks 1

More people travel internationally every year.  Population of the world increases every year.  Logical that more people visit Thailand every year.

According to the United Nations World Tourism Organization.  1.4 Billion tourists travelled internationally in 2018.

So Thailand's 39 million is 2% of total international travellers

international-tourist-arrivals-by-region.png

Edited by Skallywag
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roy Baht said:

The other biased theory I want squashed (and I think you said you crunched the numbers before?) is this insanely exaggerated idea that some Westerner expats hold re: how much their presence in Thailand contributes to the local economy. I'm pretty sure that compared to the mass tourism, the contribution made by Western expats is a drop in the bucket.

Even when they're overstayed by years, selling fake watches or petty thieves, many here still claim they greatly contribute to the local economy!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Roy Baht said:

The other biased theory I want squashed (and I think you said you crunched the numbers before?) is this insanely exaggerated idea that some Westerner expats hold re: how much their presence in Thailand contributes to the local economy. I'm pretty sure that compared to the mass tourism, the contribution made by Western expats is a drop in the bucket.

A new thread topic, coming to a forum near you, soon. 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1