German man found dead at home in Pattaya

rooster59

German man found dead at home in Pattaya

82502235_2808500275860047_5711667163438252032_n.jpg

A German man, who had not been seen for almost one week, has been found dead at his home in Pattaya.

Pattaya Police were called to the house in central Pattaya on Saturday afternoon.

Neighbours said they contacted police after the man had not been seen for five days. 

When the neighbour went to the front door of the German’s house, there was a foul smell coming from inside. It was then the neighbour called the police. 

The 77 year old German man, who lived alone at the property, had lived in Pattaya for many years, according to the Pattaya Message Facebook page. 

Police do not believe there are any suspicious circumstances surrounding the man’s death. 

The man’s body has been sent for post mortem to establish an official cause of death.

The German Embassy in Bangkok has been informed.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-19
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

100%.

One thing is guaranteed 100% is that those people who are born alive WILL die at sometime in their life.

Where and when is in the lap of the Gods.

Edited by billd766
added extra text
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JAFO said:
11 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Happens everywhere. Only news because he is a foreighner. RIP.

Yeah, why this makes news is a beyond me. Old guy passes. Does it matter that he is German or American, British etc. ?

Saddest part is that nobody noticed for a week.  It's a cautionary tale if you think about it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

Saddest part is that nobody noticed for a week.  It's a cautionary tale if you think about it.

I live in rural Khampaeng Phet and I know of a Belgian, an Austrian and a German guy that I see perhaps 2 or 3 times a year and I have no idea if they are dead or alive but I do know that they are each married to Thais so I assume that they will be accounted for when they die.

If you live on your own and have no close neighbours or friends it is quite possible that you could die and not be missed for a few days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I live in rural Khampaeng Phet and I know of a Belgian, an Austrian and a German guy that I see perhaps 2 or 3 times a year and I have no idea if they are dead or alive but I do know that they are each married to Thais so I assume that they will be accounted for when they die.

If you live on your own and have no close neighbours or friends it is quite possible that you could die and not be missed for a few days.

One of the things I enjoyed about BKK was that I lived out in the community and my apartment was just a place to take a break, cook, and sleep.  I lived alone in BKK, but I met up with people pretty much daily for coffee, to walk and paddle at the parks, etc.  And I'm not even that sociable. 

I can't imagine too many guys who retire to Pattaya with the goal of becoming a hermit.  But I've met a lot of them that did.

Edited by impulse

11 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It's quite possible you can die, and if your Thai wife has the pin number to your ATM card, no one will know you are dead, and yes, it does happen. 

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, Barry343 said:

There seems a lot of older farang's die in Pattaya, not a safe place for the over 50's

They come here to retire, burn their bridges and have nowhere else to be. He had his own place unlike the Thai guy who was repeatedly dumped onto the street. Is there one living near you that perhaps you could keep an eye on? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leaver said:

It's quite possible you can die, and if your Thai wife has the pin number to your ATM card, no one will know you are dead, and yes, it does happen. 

My wife has always had my pin numbers and has a second ATM card on our joint account at KBank and can access my sole account with the ATM card. She can also access my sole account with the ATM card at BKK Bank.

We have known each other since 1993 and we married in 2000.

We trust each other which makes life a lot easier.

Most of my friends who are married have similar banking arrangements.

I agree that some Thai wives do what you suggest but the ones that I know don't

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1