Pheu Thai leader dismisses rumour of bribe to spare transport minister in censure debate

rooster59

Pheu Thai leader dismisses rumour of bribe to spare transport minister in censure debate

Sompong-Pheu-Thai.jpg

Pheu Thai party leader Sompong Amornvivat has quashed a rumour that key members of the party have been promised a 900 million baht project in exchange for dropping Transport Minister Saksayam from the list of ministers to be censured in the upcoming debate.

He claimed to be have been totally unaware of the matter until he saw a report in the newspapers today, adding that he has never spoken to Mr. Saksayam, either personally or through a middle man.

Regarding the censure debate, Mr. Sompong said that the issue remains open and is still under consideration by the party’s special operations committee, headed by former MP Chalerm Yubamrung.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/pheu-thai-leader-dismisses-rumour-of-bribe-to-spare-transport-minister-in-censure-debate/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2020-01-19

Yes, the problem this worthy MP has, is that the institution government itself has been so corrupt for so long but I doubt anybody with a brain has the slightest inclination to believe anything that  an MP says.

Most Thai MPs are fairly canny characters, they have to be in order to be as corrupt as they are rumoured to be, and so the likelihood of them hearing anything for the first time from a newspaper appears to be extremely low.

On balance, I think I'd be inclined to believe that Mr Sampong doth protest too much.

• Like 2