UK's Harry and Meghan to drop titles and retire as working royals

rooster59

1 hour ago, ivor bigun said:

fine with that no problem ,as long as they pay for themselves ,but they wont ,we will ,wish the govt and taxpayer was paying for my lifestyle here in Thailand 

Excluding security, which is not lifestyle, the British taxpayer is not paying for their "lifestyle"!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Oxx said:

Wonder how they can afford $3.1 million for refurbishing their "cottage".  Pretty sure the Army doesn't pay that well.

Easy.  Multi-million pound inheritances from his mother and great-grandmother and the estimated £5m per year that his father provides out of his own pocket.

By the way, he hasn't been in the army for years.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

Prince Harry and Meghan have applied to register the trademark "Sussex Royal" in the UK.

Their application was published in December 2019.

If no-one objects, the trademark could be registered as early as February 2020.

Your opportunity awaits you.

RHQ (past and present) are aware but whether or not they and/or individual veterans pursue the matter isn't yet clear. 

Edited by evadgib

So I'm an American, so don't have any of the emotional baggage with any of the Royal Family circus.

But unless I'm misunderstanding, isn't this arrangement how most other European Monarchies operate in the 21st Century?

You have a reigning monarch, but other than the direct line of succession the rest of then, even with some royal title are free and clear to go lead a normal life?

Now here's a thought. Had the 'firm' really wanted to keep them Royal, wouldn't the easiest solution have been just made him Governor General of Canada?

This sounds to me like this divorce is a win win for all, and is the template for the future if they intend to survive as some Royal UK Disneyland

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:
7 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

i bet they still keep their titles

From the OP that you didn't read....

"They will also no longer use their “Royal Highness” titles..."

I read that as they do still keep their titles, just cannot use those titles. Any time they want  they can return to the fold. Certainly he'll return once she dumps him, I predict.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pegman said:

Says a lot about England  the way this combat vet was treated.

...an' I bet you get the hump when people make the same ( ???????? , ???????? ) mistake.

(FYI: The ???????????????????????????? haven't had their own Army for several centuries & coming to think of it are the only country in the ???? without their own Parliament ???? )

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Opl said:

I am glad it has worked out this way. You are either  in and toe the line or out and you lose all the privileges.

You cannot run your life and expect others to jump to your tune of behaving like some Hollywood B actors, let's face it, that's the limits of her success, she was no Nicole Kidman!. That is not what the Royal family is about.

There also seems to be some resentment at the way William and Kate are viewed compared to Harry and Meghan. I think it is quite possible this is down to attitude and behavior. It has been stated that Kate and Meghan just do not get on.

Kate very much takes a regal approach and a back seat, in favour of William as future monarch, although their respect for each other is there for all to see. Meghan seems to prefer the driving seat, and brings with her all the diva baggage such as women's rights, feminist agendas, anti hunting, blaming any criticisms on her being biracial. etc implying it is a race thing!

When they first were getting married they were the toast of the nation.It has been their subsequent petulant behaviour why the press has turned on them.

It has been reports from inside with the palace, with whistle blowers stating how difficult Meghan was to get along with, her temper tantrums, her insistence of a private christening for the child shortly after all the public expense of their wedding, their wanting to ' direct ' the press as to what and was not allowed, that has alienated them to those in their royal circles. It was even suggested that future press coverage was to be limited to basically ' press conferences to favored newspapers only ' it was never going to fly.

Regards security, the people in the know were estimating a 1 million pound a year bill for security in Canada alone.

It is blindingly obvious they have not thought through their future relationship with the Royal family picking and choosing what they would do, and Harry thinking they could bully their way.

I am sure they can make a lot of money selling the Royal brand and reducing it to talk shows and tacky tell-alls on talk shows! After all Fergie, the ex-wife of disgraced Prince Andrew did it for long enough.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, pegman said:

Going by many of these posts, by the TV Brit tabloid disciple's mob, Harry & fam have obviously made the right decision. A couple of books about life with mom, then a follow up screenplay and they will be rolling in cash. Most of us in Canada will welcome them with open arms. Just like past refugees from other s%~#,*<e  countries like the Syrians and Saudi girl. Says a lot about England  the way this combat vet was treated.

He was hardly a combat vet.

They let him fly around in a helicopter a few times and gave him a nice new shiny machine gun to play with but he was not allowed near any action.

But that was not his fault.

It would have been too much of a feather in the Taliban's turban if he had become a casualty.

Edited by yogi100
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, bannork said:

Does that mean Charles will have to leave the UK after January 31st?

Charles has just entered his own world of pain as it's recently been revealed the extent of his complicity in the sex crimes against boys by the bishop Peter Ball, a long time friend of Charles who continued to support him after his initial conviction. He bought Ball a hose to live in. When the investigation was reopened Charles sent him a letter saying, " I've heard that this ghastly man (the original whistleblower and victim) was up to his dastardly tricks again. I'll see off this horrid man if he tries any of his tricks again" A clear promise to have done to the victim of sexual abuse by his bishop friend as he had done to his ex wife.

Our future head of the Royal family closing ranks behind the establishment to the detrement of the common people. Get rid of the lot of them.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, yogi100 said:

He was hardly a combat vet.

They let him fly around in a helicopter a few times and gave him a nice new shiny machine gun to play with but he was not allowed near any action.

But that was not his fault.

It would have been too much of a feather in the Taliban's turban if he had become a casualty.

Did you serve with him in Afghanistan or know what he did there?

The reason that he was pulled out is here

https://www.forces.net/news//news/why-prince-harry-didnt-deploy-iraq-2007

His tour was cut short though when foreign websites broke a media blackout on reporting the details.

General Lord Dannatt remembers Harry grappling with the balancing act of being both a prince and a young Army officer.

"I can remember him sitting with a Gin and Tonic that I had given him, and shoulders slightly slumped, and he said the trouble is I’m not like another young man."

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

So I'm an American,...................................................................................some Royal UK Disneyland

Unlike the 1600 Pensyvania Ave. Disneyland?

3 hours ago, IAMHERE said:

I read that as they do still keep their titles, just cannot use those titles. Any time they want  they can return to the fold.

As I understand once British always British. You can try and leave but you can always go back.