Time to leave SE ASia?

Teak

On 1/19/2020 at 10:35 AM, BritManToo said:

Although personally I'd be shopping for a Viet wife as the $50 for 5 years VISA is unbeatable.

I thought Indonesia gives 10-15 year visa after 2 years married... Sounds even better to me.

I would go to check out Indonesia and Vietnam if I was the OP, leave TH for what it is. Not worth it compared to those options.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

On 1/19/2020 at 2:00 PM, Teak said:

it may be time to think of other options than moving to Cambodia or Vietnam.

I read Thailand had 150 fires going at one night, Cambodia 900, careful what you wish for, although Sydney looks crystal clear with a reading of 20, hope you can afford the clean air if you decide to go that way ????

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 11:55 AM, bkk6060 said:

Yes.

Go to a country and shop for a wife based on the cost and available Visa...

Wow.

Has to be some of the dumbest and focused cheap reasons I have ever heard.

On 1/19/2020 at 11:55 AM, bkk6060 said:

Yes.

Go to a country and shop for a wife based on the cost and available Visa...

Wow.

Has to be some of the dumbest and focused cheap reasons I have ever heard.

I think many women think along these lines.  Called pragmatism.  But on the other hand.....

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Teak said:

I remember being regularly on Soc.culture.thailand back in the late '90's..... My initial comment had nothing to do with women, it was about the entire region has 'bad' air for the winter months.  There is a different kind of male in Chiengmai today....it seems. Many are interested in receiving a cheap foot massage or where the best kiffer drink which can be found. There was a time, when we had to be smart/tough in Chiengmai....and far smarter/ tougher in the backwoods. Potential death was always present and we accepted that....now you guys seem to want your favourite yogurt.  There are a few of you who understand me. It was once dangerous and bloody fun....and we made friends with Thai males. Thai males were our introduction to the culture....not the latest trollop at the bar. 

Ok boomer.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2020 at 11:41 AM, Teak said:

Well, 3 wives...German/Canadian, Thai, Chinese.....long term marriages. Being single (for an old fart) is like being 40 again ????

Jesus...

My first wife was Australian, but she had German roots. So at the end she became Australian/German Canadian.

My Second wife was Thai.

My third wife will be Chinese the way things are going.

How long did your last marriage last? ????

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2020 at 11:41 AM, Teak said:

Well, 3 wives...German/Canadian, Thai, Chinese.....long term marriages. Being single (for an old fart) is like being 40 again ????

Why didn't the marriages with your 3 wives last? Do the problems lie with you or them?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Jesus...

My first wife was Australian, but she had German roots. So at the end she became Australian/German Canadian.

My Second wife was Thai.

My third wife will be Chinese the way things are going.

How long did your last marriage last? ????

Wow! Why did you change wife as often as you change clothes?

• Haha 1

I prefer no wife. BUt I have a GF for 18 years and a  daughter with her. For sometime when my daughter was born, my GF was into marriage too much. I asked her if she wanted to go to the USA and live there and she said no. I asked her what benefits you would get if I marry her in Thailand? She could not give me a convinving answer.  Now she does not really care. I bought her a new house in a gated community, a new car last year after ten years with her old  vios, and she has access to my 7 million BHT in banks. I may also buy a condo for me to live in her name. Why she needs to marry me ????.

Edited by Vascoda
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Teak said:

I remember being regularly on Soc.culture.thailand back in the late '90's..... My initial comment had nothing to do with women, it was about the entire region has 'bad' air for the winter months.  There is a different kind of male in Chiengmai today....it seems. Many are interested in receiving a cheap foot massage or where the best kiffer drink which can be found. There was a time, when we had to be smart/tough in Chiengmai....and far smarter/ tougher in the backwoods. Potential death was always present and we accepted that....now you guys seem to want your favourite yogurt.  There are a few of you who understand me. It was once dangerous and bloody fun....and we made friends with Thai males. Thai males were our introduction to the culture....not the latest trollop at the bar. 

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be....LOL

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Vascoda said:

I prefer no wife. BUt I have a GF for 18 years and a  daughter with her. For sometime when my daughter was born, my GF was into marriage too much. I asked her if she wanted to go to the USA and live there and she said no. I asked her what benefits you would get if I marry her in Thailand? She could not give me a convinving answer.  Now she does not really care. I bought her a new house in a gated community, a new car last year after ten years with her old  vios, and she has access to my 7 million BHT in banks. I may also buy a condo for me to live in her name. Why she needs to marry me ????.

Aren’t we full of ourselves.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2020 at 6:00 PM, BritManToo said:

I've met plenty of Thai males, they were all wearing dresses at the time.

Are you sure they weren't just a few Burma boys visiting for work.....Ok....there is a startling cuteness factor in considering the difference

????

22 hours ago, Kurtf said:

Based on his post I would make an educated guess that the problem lies with him.

Could be a valid point, but 13 yrs with the first one, 17 years the the next, and 7 with the last. They tend to stay awhile....but, change is good. Based on your response, I would suppose you have been shackled to the same one for a very long time and now live as brother and sister. Not uncommon.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/20/2020 at 6:05 PM, EricTh said:

On 1/20/2020 at 6:05 PM, EricTh said:

You are still that simple ? ...Almost, every man I know in Thailand pays his 'wife' an allowance. No money, no honey....;-)

My ex Thai wife of 17 years were business partners......the 'one pocket' is what we had. This gives a Thai woman power and chooses to be loyal, because we are in it together. That fat f%%k on the golph course simply pays his Pattaya whore to smile on command. Yes, 3 ex wives.....but 2 of the three call me every month to just keep connected. 

The point was, where to go, when Thailand is no longer sustainable for us White guys?  This has nothing to do with women.

Excuse me , when you have learned enough you will finally realize that White women, Asian women, Black women, Hispanic women ......they ain't different.

• Haha 2

On 1/20/2020 at 12:29 AM, ChaiyaTH said:

I thought Indonesia gives 10-15 year visa after 2 years married... Sounds even better to me.

I would go to check out Indonesia and Vietnam if I was the OP, leave TH for what it is. Not worth it compared to those options.

Hi, I lived in Indonesia for several years, mostly in Surabaya and East Kalimantan. I liked the Java women and some of the Java men...as they were no threat.  However, the Bugis men on Sulawesia...if you are connected, or not, can be great allies....or deadly enemies. The word 'Boogey Man'  came from the first Dutch colonizers who could not conrol the Buguis......when they returned to Europe they would say to their chidren "be good or the Buguis will get you." Eventually that became bastardized from Buguis to Boogey.  The term running 'amok' is also from Indonesia. The Buguis are similar to some groups of Vietnamese. Small, but bloody tough.