Jump to content
BANGKOK
Smiley

2002(K2) Suzuki GSXR1000 For Sale(with extras)

Recommended Posts

Mate,

 

Great write up. I am not in the market, but oh my, if I was !!

 

Do you have the inspection report done ? Anything over 5yrs (maybe 7) needs an inspection and certificate, I know as I just bought a 2014 PCX with 700kms on it. Brand new but still needed the certificate. 

 

Back home I have a FJR1300 waiting for me when I have a  holiday, would love similar here... 

 

Damn, knew I should not have looked ! 🙂

 

Good luck

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply, I've heard nothing about an inspection cert up here in Isaan. Every year I just take it in and it takes about 20 min and I have my renewed reg card.

But if this is a new thing I wouldn't sweat it as there's nothing wrong with the bike, everything works as it should.

Thanks for the heads up mate.

 

Oh, btw. For anyone that's interested I can be reached by email as well. I check it daily.

dtx_2001@hotmail.com

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful bike mate, good luck with the sale.

 

I had a K1 for a while, such a beast of a machine !!

 

rizla 1.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks mate, yeah I'll probably be buying another one in Canada. Love it to bits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck on the sale. Beauty moto and tasteful upgrades. I have 3 moto's and I would love to add a liter bike to it but the cross eyed look I'd get from the missus would be painful. 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice bike - but not the best bike for me in Bangkok city traffic. 😉 

 

What might be interesting for any buyer: How easy or difficult is it to get spare parts for that bike in Thailand?

Some time ago I had a Honda NC30. I loved that bike, great fun. But at the end it was impossible to get any spare parts. I gave up and sold it.

I hope that is better with your bike, otherwise it will be a major hassle for anybody who needs parts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Nice bike - but not the best bike for me in Bangkok city traffic. 😉 

 

What might be interesting for any buyer: How easy or difficult is it to get spare parts for that bike in Thailand?

Some time ago I had a Honda NC30. I loved that bike, great fun. But at the end it was impossible to get any spare parts. I gave up and sold it.

I hope that is better with your bike, otherwise it will be a major hassle for anybody who needs parts.

 If you call looking up part #'s on Ron Ayer.com and facebooking Vikrom at Red Baron Bkk with the part #'s and a trip to your bank to transfer the cash and 2 weeks later having the parts show up at your door a major hassle lol.

I used this process for the oil pan and gasket, the oil seal behind the water pump, and all the seals and gaskets for the trans/clutch swap. All OEM parts from Suzuki Japan, reasonably priced and a seamless experience. Never had a problem.

Thanks for bringing it up.🤜🤛

Edited by Smiley
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smiley said:

 If you call looking up part #'s on Ron Ayer.com and facebooking Vikrom at Red Baron Bkk with the part #'s and a trip to your bank to transfer the cash and 2 weeks later having the parts show up at your door a major hassle lol.

I used this process for the oil pan and gasket, the oil seal behind the water pump, and all the seals and gaskets for the trans/clutch swap. All OEM parts from Suzuki Japan, reasonably priced and a seamless experience. Never had a problem.

Thanks for bringing it up.🤜🤛

That is great news!

I had once a broken water hose on my bike. And because the bike was already old I asked my technician, who was specialized in that bike, to replace all the water hoses to be sure. He told me he would be lucky to find a replacement for the one which was broken. There was no place to order the whole set. That was one of the straws which started to break the camels (my) neck...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 12:33 PM, Smiley said:

Thanks mate, yeah I'll probably be buying another one in Canada. Love it to bits.

I always liked these bikes rode one in UK, it topped the Yam R1 at the time, when Blade was topped by the R1 after 6 years, only Kwacka's came close.

Hope it goes to to someone who knows about them and appreciates. 

If your unable to sell I'll look after it for you. 😎

Jokes apart haven't you ever thought about exporting it to Canada I believe it's a lot easier than trying to bring a bike into Thailand.

My Blade made it into Thailand Ok but that was 25 years ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, kwasaki, funny(/Al Pacino voice).

Naw don't need the hassle with import/export.

 

The other thing about this bike is it's rare in Thailand. I haven't seen another one (with  a plate/gb) for sale since I bought this one 5 years ago.

 

Like you say, for people who know and appreciate the K1/K2 for the legends they are, you won't find a better example in Thailand.

 

Still for sale BTW...

Edited by Smiley
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...