Foreigeners not allowed to pay at Tesco Lotus

Templar Knight

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I have it downloaded to my mobile but not yet registered.

The first line of registration is my (wife's) ID card number and I never got past that line.

If you have a little time could you send me instructions on how to use the app, mobile and pc.

I have my mobile Bluetoothed to my desktop but there seems to be no connection or activity

Yeah, it does take a moment or two as it's all in Thai, once it's working the English option works well.

Surely Madam can assist. IIRC it needs email address and a phone number (which needs to work as a one-time password will be sent there) .

EDIT Once it's working don't hit "logout" as you'll need to go down the OTP route again, just close the App and it will be logged in next time you run it.

• Like 1

I've never had a problem paying my electricity bill at 7/11 or Tops, so I think Tesco Lotus has shot themselves in the foot with me. Not that they would know.

What genius in their back office thought this up?

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yeah, it does take a moment or two as it's all in Thai, once it's working the English option works well.

Surely Madam can assist. IIRC it needs email address and a phone number (which needs to work as a one-time password will be sent there) .

I have her ID card number and I will use my email address and mobile number. 

I have just had a thought. I will get my 15 year old son to work me through it.

Thanks for that info.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

It won't be long before someone chimes in here saying it's just another example of how the Thais hate all farangs and want us all to go home. In fact I am surprised that this hasn't already happened in a 3 hour old thread.

Well I would not make it Thais hating us, but it is at least very annoying to not be able to join anything at all.
I blame gov. and not Thais in general, I do believe the high level gov. does not like us at all too.

No more wallet + discount on Lazada, no wallet + discount on Grab (but rising prices), no more cash payments at Tesco etc etc etc.
Discrimination at least and quite silly as a small family myself, having to pay more when I get back alone but pay less when going with wife (in Grab).

Edited by ChaiyaTH

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Thai ID cards have a machine readable microchip.  The pink ID cards for foreigners do not. 

I can't say specific to Tesco, but for most transactions there is a work around for entering a passport number or Foriegner ID card number.

However staff sometimes don't know how.

"Cannot" is the default response in Thailand  to anything someone does not know how to do,  or does not feel like doing. Next time politely but firmly ask for a supervisor.

IF THEY speak english....I ASSUME YOUR ENGLISH

52 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

When did they stop selling  gasoline to foreigners ?

I can see tin foil is still readily available though and your hat making skills are next level !!

When the day which will be sooner than later comes and more idiotic nonsensical things are applied becoming and making things more difficult then you will be the first one I will say I told you so to, and then you will wish your avatar was an ostrich so you can bury your head. I already had a way big heads up from a close Thai factory owner of mine way back Q4 2018 and then again in Q1 of 2019 that 2020 is their nothing is sacred year. I have already watched major transitioning from many in business over here in preparation. Maybe a lot went offshore. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

No joke: it's about identity theft, money laundering, weapon deals and spreading weapons of mass destruction. Referring to money laundering agency.

PARANOIA to the max.

We need a global Police force to keep us safe! :wink:

Maybe they have that covered! :shock1:

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

You lot think that is bad, I can tell you BigC would not sell a German guy a microwave because he didnt have a work permit jing jing

I remember needing a freaking passport to buy something CASH in Power buy, a cheap small fridge if I recall right, never been shopping there again.
I do not care wether the excuse was VAT return (didn't apply to me) OR warranty, just too much passport copy requests already.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

You lot think that is bad, I can tell you BigC would not sell a German guy a microwave because he didnt have a work permit jing jing

I'm tempted to say "I don't believe you", but you wouldn't tell a lie, would you?:wink:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I've just changed my bank and got a nice application from SCB on my phone. I pay my bills with it, top up my phone and save money for gasoline and time.

As easy as getting dressed. 

Please see: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.scb.phone&hl=en

If it's that easy, why are you posting in your underwear?