Foreigeners not allowed to pay at Tesco Lotus

Templar Knight

7 hours ago, billd766 said:

I pay all my bills except the electricity bill using online banking through my KBank account using my desktop pc. Why I cannot pay my PEA bill online I have no idea.

I just wander up to the PEA office (15 km away) once a month and pay in cash.

If you get the PEA app it will send a payment reqiest to your KBank mobile app.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SteveK said:

For me I just like the idea of being able to pay my bills whilst getting my groceries. And getting a receipt to make sure it has all gone through nice and easy. Using a badly programmed Thai app is just another headache that I don't need right now.

You have never used it, how can you say its a "badly programmed Thai app", unless of course you basing it on he said she said comments.

I and many other Mods and members here use it without issue, as with the Thai banking apps, TOT and others.

As the Thai say "up to you"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Nothing to do with staff training. The tesco manual only allowd the blue Thai ID-card with chip. Staff really did their best and it is not their fault but that of management at Tescolotus HQ. They set up a policy where foreigners can no longer pay their bills.

• Like 2

Do you even realize that Tesco charge 5-10 baht to pay bills at their cashier? It's free if you walk to the proper place or online, why give them your customs if they don't have the foresight to know that there are small percentage of foreigner that don't have Thai ID card, not just westerners but even burmese/cambodian workers who has mobile phones to top up and other bills to pay too

this anti money landering scheme taken to extreme will soon see papers please at the food court when topping up the cash card  next

3 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Discrimination at least and quite silly as a small family myself, having to pay more when I get back alone but pay less when going with wife (in Grab).

You need to ''grab'' a second wife for your return

Thais call it a ''mia noi''

but not sure you will pay less at the end ????

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Never have truer words ever been spoken!!!  :tongue:

Can't tell you how many times over the years in TH I've been told "cannot" when they perfectly well could, but either didn't know how, didn't know their own policy, or couldn't be bothered to make the effort to accomplish the task.

Right

and the most funny thing is when you start to ask ''Why?"

they are not used at all to have questions from the Thais customers

(Particularly pertinents questions) so they are totaly unprepared and usualy come with some silly excuses.

If i have time and a good reason to ask, i usualy stand my ground until 

my interlocutor disapear, it's never take long because he can't come anymore with his nonsense

then an other one come. When i decide to stop the game, i just left. Most of the time without

the correct answer.

TIT

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Preacher said:

Nothing to do with staff training. The tesco manual only allowd the blue Thai ID-card with chip. Staff really did their best and it is not their fault but that of management at Tescolotus HQ. They set up a policy where foreigners can no longer pay their bills.

I suggest every foreigner start to boycott Tesco now

and of course let know the reason to the manager or supervisor.

It's the only power we have here, to vote with ours feet, but it's not

nothing (Despite what some claims here about the foreigners being a negligible amount)

1 hour ago, Roy Baht said:

But most airlines (I know ThaiSmile and AirAsia for sure), have counter payment option--7-11, Tesco, Big-C or wherever.

I am talking international airlines with advanced reservations to get significant discounts and not living anywhere near swampy.

7 hours ago, SteveK said:

For me I just like the idea of being able to pay my bills whilst getting my groceries. And getting a receipt to make sure it has all gone through nice and easy. Using a badly programmed Thai app is just another headache that I don't need right now.

Sounds like you need 2 apps to pay the electric bill, Ive no issue with using an app to pay a bill but a banking app is a big no no for me.

1 hour ago, Chrysaora said:

You must have a very high tolerance for stupidity.

Yep especially if you don't speak Thai.  And anything that they tell you won't mean anyting as they don't have a clue just like everybody else. They're just following orders to keep their jobs.. Maybe they should apply for a job as a US republican senator.

• Sad 1