Help with translation tescolotus

Preacher

14 minutes ago, Preacher said:

Thanks for copying the image. It somehow failed when I tried to do it.

Yes, failed too with simple approach. So I did it from a screenshot.

As written: also follow the other thread as you are not alone with this news.

I bet this is just the beginning of more trouble for those without bank account/internet banking or other ways of cashless payment.

• Like 1

Banks etc are no problem with a passport, driverslicense or the Pink card. I suspect TYescolotus is just not set up for it. Tesco had guidelines for its employees which I glanced at very briefly. (It was in both Thai and English). What I understood was that their system simply wasn't set up for it, where as banks etc have no problem.

If it really does have something to do with AMLO (as the picture suggests), it means they are scared in case you are using your bill (could be a thousand baht or more!) as a washing machine. Like the situation with the Rabbit card where in theory you must show ID to top up, although I never have to. You know: storing B100 on a train ticket marks you out as a mafia kingpin.

• Haha 2

Sign an autodebit form which will deduct from your bank account every month if you are a long-term stayer in Thailand. It's painless and cost-effective.

The other solution would be go to PEA offices to pay if you're in Thailand temporarily.

Not sure whether 7 eleven accepts electric bills...

Edited by EricTh

3 hours ago, Preacher said:

Can someone give me a rough English translation? Much appreciated.

Please show your ID card when paying bills(?)

This is to prevent impersonation or identity theft.

This is requirements(?)

Based on international standards and law regarding protection, supress terrorist financial support and purchase of WOMD.

---------------------------------------------

Can you use you passport number in lieu of a citizen card? Maybe get a trusted motot taxi dude or dudette to pay it for you?

4 hours ago, EricTh said:

Sign an autodebit form which will deduct from your bank account every month if you are a long-term stayer in Thailand. It's painless and cost-effective.

The other solution would be go to PEA offices to pay if you're in Thailand temporarily.

Not sure whether 7 eleven accepts electric bills...

You can pay all bills at 7 Eleven.