border crossing to surin

Hello ; We are currently travelling in Cambodia and will be going to Siem Reap and Battambang. We are then going to Surin in Thailand and we are wondering about the best route, and the easiest way to cross the border. One option we are looking at is going from Siem Reap to the border at O Smach and then heading to Surin from there. I have a feeling it will be easier to go from Siem Reap than from Battambang. Could anyone advise about routes, transport etc? Many thanks

You are right. It´s a good crossing and very simple to get to Surin from Osmach-Chong Chom border.

When you go from Siem Reap, the best thing you can do is a taxi, which is mostly the only choice too. Cost you about 2000 baht to the border.

When in Thailand you take a car or a tuk tuk to Kap Choeng. From there you will be able to take a regular bus to Surin. If you don´t wont the hassle with changing transport a lot you just make a deal with a driver on the Thai side of the border to drive you to Surin. You will probably also have the choice of coffin-transport in form of mini-van, but I would strongly advise against such a foolish decision. ???? 

49 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

You are right. It´s a good crossing and very simple to get to Surin from Osmach-Chong Chom border.

When you go from Siem Reap, the best thing you can do is a taxi, which is mostly the only choice too. Cost you about 2000 baht to the border.

When in Thailand you take a car or a tuk tuk to Kap Choeng. From there you will be able to take a regular bus to Surin. If you don´t wont the hassle with changing transport a lot you just make a deal with a driver on the Thai side of the border to drive you to Surin. You will probably also have the choice of coffin-transport in form of mini-van, but I would strongly advise against such a foolish decision. ???? 

The regular bus is a white van and from the crossing to Surin bus terminal is 60 bht PP, i use it often to buy stuff from the market and forget DRAMA its as safe as any thing else here Thailand .  

16 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

The regular bus is a white van and from the crossing to Surin bus terminal is 60 bht PP, i use it often to buy stuff from the market and forget DRAMA its as safe as any thing else here Thailand .  

Please learn the difference between a recommendation and drama.

Well , best thanks to you , but 65 $ from Sr to border seems to be expensive.  I know it can not be as easy as to go from SR to Poipet border but it's almost the same distance , and when I take a shared taxi SR-Poipet , the right price is +-7 $. I'm not really in a hurry to joint Chong Chom as quickly as possible but I prefer use local van and motor bike.  Have you ever do it by this way ? Isn't there Van wich joint O'smach from Borey Seang Nam station in Siem Reap ? 

Best Thanks anyway and best regards , Ch     

????????????????????????

Archived