Student Accomodation For CMU

Greenside

My stepson looks likely to start at CMU this year and I'm looking at the various options for students in the area (within bicycle distance).  His could stay in Halls but would prefer to share with a friend if we can find a decent place.

I am aware of the electricity/aircon/water gotchas, otherwise any recommendations or tips would be appreciated.

At Maejo our daughter was given the first year free of charge - 4 to a dorm room.....

Next year she'll have a one room flat near the campus for 2300 a month....Fridge, flat screen & cable included...Private shower & balcony.....

I like the security of the first year dorm, cafeteria nearby, campus is patrolled, etc while getting acclimated.....

Take advantage of that....She had 100's of places to look at once she was ready - but probably provided as a normal course to 2nd year students....

There are thousands of rooms both on the left side entrance and right side entrance gates in all the streets around it. As well cheap foods. 
The average room rate is 1500-4000B a month. Contracts from 3 months only, 1 month deposit usually.

I would recommend the to check out the area on the left side entrance, it is quite nice there.

Screen Shot 2563-01-19 at 19.15.00.png

Edited by ChaiyaTH

They do a lot of dorm activities, competition, unifying, & sometimes admonishment as a dorm unit......

One time we were there & one dorm was in formation marching from dorm to dorm, saluting each while reciting something en mass at each stop....My daughter explained some had done something wrong & the group was held accountable - basically apologizing to the fellow students for letting the university down.....

Considering the wildly disparate backgrounds of the students & the competition to gain admittance, I see this first year molding as a positive experience + feel my daughter is safe.....Classes and activities can be a 7 day week....Any time she has a couple of days off she's home with us.....

Year 2 will probably reveal the serious students as they start managing their lives, class load, studies, social schedules, maybe some juggling jobs too....

Year 1 sets the table for that....A good transition step.....

4 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

One time we were there & one dorm was in formation marching from dorm to dorm, saluting each while reciting something en mass at each stop....My daughter explained some had done something wrong & the group was held accountable

So basically they function like half baked army's in universities too. No wonder this country works in a certain way hehe.

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

So basically they function like half baked army's in universities too. No wonder this country works in a certain way hehe.

No, they weren't being lock step marched and they were not somber....The other dorms were responding to them, but nothing seemed mean spirited.....They were orderly & maybe learning something about conduct as a team/group....I'm guessing each dorm has to do it somewhere along the way....

From what I've seen for the most part the students spirit level & group participation is very high at events + they are clearly having fun while cheering their "own"....