getting a driving licence - address notification

I got lucky yesterday, my trip to obtain a residence certificate seems to have been a success. It will apparently arrive in the post within the next month. If it doesn't they told me to come back and request it in person.

As always there was a degree of confusion. At the first desk I explained I wanted a residence cert and they handed me a TM30 to fill in. I couldn't understand why but complied. When I'd finished she told me she'd made a mistake and didn't need that !

She barely looked at the lease. Finally they wanted to see my 90 day report and then charged me only 200 baht. Why others have paid 400 I have no idea...

30 minutes ago, britishjohn said:

I got lucky yesterday, my trip to obtain a residence certificate seems to have been a success. It will apparently arrive in the post within the next month. If it doesn't they told me to come back and request it in person.

As always there was a degree of confusion. At the first desk I explained I wanted a residence cert and they handed me a TM30 to fill in. I couldn't understand why but complied. When I'd finished she told me she'd made a mistake and didn't need that !

She barely looked at the lease. Finally they wanted to see my 90 day report and then charged me only 200 baht. Why others have paid 400 I have no idea...

Someone posted earlier needed a 90 day report. I have been in same condo 7 years with annual lease renew each yr. Thing is I've never done a 90 day report. 

I can't obtain RC from oz embassy doesn't provide that service. 

I also need one for DL. Seems catch 22.

Edited by DrJack54

On 1/22/2020 at 12:09 PM, ChouDoufu said:

some ask for 2 copies if they want to file originals for car license and moto license applications.....400 baht.

was your 90-day files before or after your latest entry to thailand?

my 90 day report was after my last entry into Thailand

On 1/22/2020 at 12:10 PM, DrJack54 said:

Someone posted earlier needed a 90 day report. I have been in same condo 7 years with annual lease renew each yr. Thing is I've never done a 90 day report. 

I can't obtain RC from oz embassy doesn't provide that service. 

I also need one for DL. Seems catch 22.

Yeah that really is insane. Could you not attempt to do a 90 day report, even though you don't need to ? Or do you think it would be refused because you would be effectively submitting it too early ?

14 minutes ago, britishjohn said:

Yeah that really is insane. Could you not attempt to do a 90 day report, even though you don't need to ? Or do you think it would be refused because you would be effectively submitting it too early ?

Thanks but my max time in Thailand consecutive days would be less than 28 days. 90 day report not possible.

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2020 at 8:28 PM, DropBear said:

Hi all,

This stuff is so confusing with so many conflicting requirements.

Allow me to explain my partincular situation and maybe those answers will help some other people.

Will be entering thailand on a brand new non-o multi 1 year (married to thai)

..Rent a house in korat, both names on lease

..i dont stay more than a month as i still work in australia (month on month off)

i also was keen on getting a drivers licence that needs a certificate of residence.

So please answer these points or say if they are correct or not.

- multi entry is 3 month stay, so no 90 day report, how to get a CR?

- landlord report TM30, i dont want to bother my land lord much and have read that because i have the lease i can report myself as the house master.

- class of licence, in australia i hold a RN (restricted) motorbike licence that means nothing over 650. A multi combination truck licence (any truck with multiple trailers)

What licence class would i end up getting in LOS? Would like to retain my truck licence.

I am wondering if you have found any workaround in the meantime? 
I am in a similar situation. 1 year multiple entry business visa. never been in the country more than 90 days at a time, so never had to do 90 day report. 
Question to others: As I am holding a 1 year multiple entry business visa (not employment visa), will I even be able to file a 90 day report? The officers at CW told me to do a visa extension then I can do 90 day report, but I am not sure about that. 

40 minutes ago, triplez said:

Question to others: As I am holding a 1 year multiple entry business visa (not employment visa), will I even be able to file a 90 day report? The officers at CW told me to do a visa extension then I can do 90 day report, but I am not sure about that. 

You cannot do a 90 day report of staying longer than 90 day in the country unless you can stay that long. Your visa does not allow you stay longer than 90 days.

Immigration was talking about a one year extension of stay based upon working for a company. You need a work permit and a stack of paperwork from the company to get one.

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot do a 90 day report of staying longer than 90 day in the country unless you can stay that long. Your visa does not allow you stay longer than 90 days.

Immigration was talking about a one year extension of stay based upon working for a company. You need a work permit and a stack of paperwork from the company to get one.

Thanks for the reply. That's what I thought. 

So then my understanding is that no residence certificate can be obtained (in Bangkok at least) when holding 1 year non-B business visa (no work contract) ? 

My end goal is the driving license. Do you know of another way to get there in my case?