Filipino woman visa to Thailand

Hello 

I have a one year extension is stay. I want to bring a Filipina woman under age 50 to Bangkok to live with me. I do not want her to work in Thailand.  

If you have Thailand  visa experience for a Filipina woman please give me some advice on what is needed and options. We are not married. 

I can google this issue but I am hoping for advice, guidance and help from someone who actually has done this process before. 

thank you 

• Like 1

It will not be easy for her to stay long term. About the only option is tourist visas and she may soon get to the point that she will have problems getting them and entering the country.

If possible starting out with a multiple entry tourist visa (METV) would be good. It would allow at total stay of almost 9 months by using the visa just before it expires to get a new 60 day entry and then extend it.

See page 14 here. https://www.thaiembassymnl.ph/images/ThaiVisaRequirementsAndProcedure.pdf

Another option is to enroll in a school to get a non-ed visa and then extensions of stay at immigration.

Or if you are willing to spend the money for a Thai Elite membership to get her a 5 year PE multiple entry visa. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/20/2020 at 8:31 AM, ubonjoe said:

It will not be easy for her to stay long term. About the only option is tourist visas and she may soon get to the point that she will have problems getting them and entering the country.

If possible starting out with a multiple entry tourist visa (METV) would be good. It would allow at total stay of almost 9 months by using the visa just before it expires to get a new 60 day entry and then extend it.

See page 14 here. https://www.thaiembassymnl.ph/images/ThaiVisaRequirementsAndProcedure.pdf

Another option is to enroll in a school to get a non-ed visa and then extensions of stay at immigration.

Or if you are willing to spend the money for a Thai Elite membership to get her a 5 year PE multiple entry visa. 

Thank you ubonjoe. I think it is easier for me to move to the Philippines. I like Thailand a lot but I need her with me so one more USA expat and my 800 k baht in the bank in Thailand will depart. Too bad but I understand the issues. Spent a lot of time learning Thai language but it helped me mentally. Not upset just more difficult to live in Thailand than prior years. Appreciate all your advice and help. ???? no regrets except I wish I could live peacefully in Thailand but I don’t want to buy her an elite visa. 

Edited by Wake Up