Fire in Fortune Town on Sunday 19th January - today

OneMoreFarang

I just read in the news there was a fire today in Fortune Town.

I put this information in the IT section because many of us to there for IT shopping and I wouldn't be surprised if it now Fortune will be closed for a few days.

That's just my personal opinion after seeing the picture.

Google it for more info.

Lucky me.  i was going to go there today around 2pm but then found I already had what I was going to buy.

Exits to the street at Fortune are pretty far apart.  I wouldn't want to be caught in those long, crowded corridors in a panic situation.  

MBK scares hell out of me.  I always keep myself aware of where the garage exits are as that's the direction I'll head if in an emergency there.

24 minutes ago, dddave said:

Lucky me.  i was going to go there today around 2pm but then found I already had what I was going to buy.

Exits to the street at Fortune are pretty far apart.  I wouldn't want to be caught in those long, crowded corridors in a panic situation.  

MBK scares hell out of me.  I always keep myself aware of where the garage exits are as that's the direction I'll head if in an emergency there.

agree, the food court/supermarket floor of emporium is another place people would have great difficulty vacating in an emergency situation, these places do scare me.

26 minutes ago, dddave said:

I was in MBK when there was a small fire about 20 years ago. I just saw a little smoke, nothing serious. Everybody walked out, pretty disciplined, through the car park. And then MBK was closed for about a week...

I also thought about going to Fortune today pretty much at the time of the fire. Good that I didn't go. But maybe tomorrow I won't be able to go shopping. So maybe I have to go to Pantip. I wasn't there for years now. Do they still sell cheap computer parts like HDDs over there?

42 minutes ago, Roy Baht said:

Wow, that looks pretty bad. (I can't post it because it's Bangkok Post and Columbo will bust me. Just google Fire at Fortune Town.) They probably will shut it down for a while.

ThaiVisa is Nation , I think link to that is ok.

Fortune Town fire quickly contained

https://www.nationthailand.com/breakingnews/30309660

The fire, which started at around 8am at a third-floor audio store, was quickly contained and brought under control within half an hour thanks to the building’s sprinkles and smoke detectors as well as well-trained firefighters. 

Hmmm.. again that 3rd floor.

Just checked, and the fire before was on 20th of march in 2017

Unfortunately searchresults only BP and KhaoSod.

But a line : ' the fire, which broke out at about 8am in an electronic equipment shop on the third floor '

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Metropolitian said:

ThaiVisa is Nation , I think link to that is ok.

Just checked, and the fire before was on 20th of march in 2017

Unfortunately searchresults only BP and KhaoSod.

I stand corrected.

That article IS from march 20th in 2017.

Mistake made, as it was in my search result just right after BP which is todays.

The fire today was, as the investigation said, started in the basement floor.

3 hours ago, Roy Baht said:

That's funny and typical and sad that you can find the same tragedy occurring again and again and again at the same place here. It's like things are never really fixed. 

Read again!

That Nation article was from 2017. The fire was in the same huge building but in the 3rd floor. The fire from yesterday started apparently in the basement. Same building but that's about it.