Deputy minister denies encroaching on forest land

webfact

Deputy minister denies encroaching on forest land

By The Nation

800_05c95f0776a4bb1.jpg?v=1579428605

Kanokwan Wilawan

Deputy Minister of Education Kanokwan Wilawan has denied accusations of deforesting with excavators on Khao Yai National Park land even as the Department of Lands has been ordered to investigate the alleged violation.

The minister said on Saturday (January 18) that the land belongs to her family and they had got the legal rights from the Department of Lands. She said she was ready to collaborate with officials to clarify the accusation.

The Internal Security Operations Command (Isoc) had earlier arrested a group of excavator drivers deforesting on Khao Yai National Park’s land in Prachinburi province and had learned of the involvement of some local politicians.

Isoc filed a case of encroachment of forest land, occupying a forest area and violation of the land, prompting the director-general of the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation, Thanya Netithammakun, to order the Department of Lands to investigate the accusations.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380795

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-20
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Gee, who would have thought that. A minister denying doing something wrong in Thailand?

Or put that another way, I wonder the total number of: ministers, deputy ministers, politicians and senior beaurocrats who have a totally clean sheet and/or come from totally credible highly ethical families. My guess is not a long list. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

I will bet my bottom dollar, and i have many of those, that the dear minister is guilty as charged thinking that being a high ranking official, she can fly under the radar and no one will be the wiser...

Or she thinks she's entitled to take over whatever she wants and regardless of laws.

1 hour ago, ChrisY1 said:

The Dept. of Lands will investigate this issue......and again, it will be swept under the rug.....whether she's guilty or not!

But P and his buddies will say she's ok because she's a ministerial official, so this item is not relevant.