Suspect in Lop Buri gold shop shooting questioned by Nong Khai police

webfact

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

I wouldn't want to even be a 'suspect' in the robbery and killing of toddler and 2 others in the hand of the police right now, suffice to say that kid gloves are not used by the police in this interrogation technique...

Plastic bags come in handy

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

Giving a "suspect" of triple murder 10 days to come in, in a border town where it takes 10 minutes to exit the country, good call. 

Can't be that much of a probability then can it, If they had anything to go on there would be Police everywhere looking for a photo Op with "we got him" and a nice big presentation board as usual.

I think this is nothing more than a "seen to be doing" because they got nothing. Hope I am wrong.

If I remember right they have a kill order on the culprit... so if anyone who they 'suspect' does anything but come in for that interview... they would likely end up in a body bag with the police closing the case and claiming victory.  This is why I consider the DNA evidence (which there likely isn't any) a bluff... if he runs... and does not get out of the country or tries to return to the country... he the order will go into effect.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Hope they had more than that to go on.

Perhaps not as he was just summoned for questioning. They didn't execute the kill option.

I wonder how they collected the killer's DNA. It should sort this guy out one way or another. 

The killers DNA is on the brass casings from when he loaded the weapon! 

1 minute ago, Classic Ray said:

DNA testing has progressed sufficiently that anything the robber touched may contain traces that can be matched.

From my reading of the story the suspect is in custody pending results of the test.

didn't the guy have gloves on

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AlexJohanson said:

The killers DNA is on the brass casings from when he loaded the weapon! 

That's assuming the magazine was empty when he acquired the weapon, or he wore gloves when loading the magazine  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grumpy John said:

I would wager a decent sum of money the real culprit is never caught.....but gambling is illegal in Thailand do I won't.  And the red bag.....I feel safe in assuming there are many thousands like it all over the country.

And with this all over the news, the bag is more than likely destroyed / burned by now so we will never see it again!!

• Like 1

I think you can take it as the 10 day ultimatum/DNA is a message to the people protecting the guy. Wife says its common knowledge that they know who did it but the guy is well connected/protected etc, so its a bit of a chess game going on so it doesn't become another red bull. Its not turn yourself in, its hand him over in 10 days.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

Similar height and a red bag, a bit of a tenuous connection to say the least - a sop for the media if you ask me, to give the appearance they're doing something. I still go for the gun nut with gambling debts from an influential family angle

• Like 1