Suspect in Lop Buri gold shop shooting questioned by Nong Khai police

webfact

19 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

My thoughts exactly!

So by that logic you always win your argument. If the the police don't find the murderer, you can put the Welli into the police for not doing the job. But they bring s suspect in for questioning - which I believe the report states as opposed to merely inviting the suspect for tea and scones when it suits because they have already taken the DNA sample according to the English translated Thai report - and suddenly the suspect must be a patsy.

Interesting! And I use that word very wrongly in this instance.

Edited by Farangwithaplan

35 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Well, as an official TV investigator myself, I say that DNA has been taken at the scene of the crime ( counters, etc.) and only that will either convict or exonerate. 

but didn't he have gloves on  ?

• Like 1

i would concentrate on that scooter for starters, start checking any cctv in the surrounding areas, (nah too much trouble)  still i doubt any will be working, or if any does they, it will probably show an out of focus fuzzy shot that would not be any good at all.  

seems pretty smart so surely he didnt handle the casings? i suspect everything was bought without touching like gloves, shoes, etc.., phones off and left in anothe r province and everything burnt and gotten rid of. Guy made sure there was little witnesses so surely he thought this through. Doubt their will be a dna match sadly but you never know.

The suspect is in custody awaiting DNA checks but he was “ called in “ because he matched the killers height and was carrying a red bag ??

All sounds a little like clutching at straws to keep up public interest in the case.

The police’s next statement kind of confirms that they are not too hopeful of connecting this guy with the murder/robbery.

The deputy police chief, Pol Gen Chaiwat Kateworachai, meanwhile, asked the robber to turn himself in within 10 days, saying that he will be caught sooner or later.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

This is why I consider the DNA evidence (which there likely isn't any) a bluff..

Hopefully (sadly) he was close enough to one or more of his to possibly have tiny blood splatter on his shoes/jacket/bag. 

I'm guessing that he's not going to turn himself in. 

Even if this is not solved God is still on the throne and he said that it would be better for him to to have a milestone tied to his neck and thrown into the sea then to fall into the hands of the living God, for so much as harming even one hair on a child. 

????????????❤️????

• Confused 5

You GO and get the suspect in for questioning. You DO NOT ask or summon or whatever stupid terms you gits want to use, to get the SUSPECT to turn up! <deleted>, what is wrong with you idiots? I also read somewhere on TVF that the perp is allegedly 'connected'. I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into another Redbullgate.

• Like 2

This sounds ridiculous.  First of all how could they possibly have recovered DNA from the shooter?  He was covered head to toe.  And then this “suspect” is thought to be of the same height and he carries a similar red bag???!!!!    If thats what they’re going on seems they would be taking DNA samples of thousands.

How many reds bag are there nationwide? They do not have the killer, they have somebody who looks similar to the guy who did it.

And let's be honest, thousands of guys look like him. 

Perhaps, they really have an idea on who the killer is and they just came up with this story?

5 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Hope they had more than that to go on.

Perhaps not as he was just summoned for questioning. They didn't execute the kill option.

I wonder how they collected the killer's DNA. It should sort this guy out one way or another. 

Really decent of him to hang around and offer himself for questioning, a very honourable man, yeah right, give us all a break!!

22 minutes ago, Nkpjed said:

First of all how could they possibly have recovered DNA from the shooter?  He was covered head to toe.  And then this “suspect” is thought to be of the same height and he carries a similar red bag?

Perhaps he has used the bag before without gloves, thus leaving fingerprints.

• Confused 1

collected a DNA? - if DNA collected maybe it was via someone representing the person in question. Maybe this person isn’t the robber and wants to get cleared by DNA from a distance per say...

Thus avoid being integrated aggressively into admitting something he didn’t do. Otherwise the authorities collected DNA he’d have been arrested which asking to turn self in 10 days doesn’t sound like they’ve found the robber,.,.

4 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Giving a "suspect" of triple murder 10 days to come in, in a border town where it takes 10 minutes to exit the country, good call. 

Can't be that much of a probability then can it, If they had anything to go on there would be Police everywhere looking for a photo Op with "we got him" and a nice big presentation board as usual.

I think this is nothing more than a "seen to be doing" because they got nothing. Hope I am wrong.

"The Nong Khai police called the man in for questioning and collected a DNA sample, said the police chief, adding that, if the results of the tests exclude the individual as a suspect, he will be released."

From this para, it seems that he is actually in custody now, pending the outcome of DNA test results. 

I would have zero faith in the validity of the DNA sample.  Extremely doubtful there was any DNA evidence at the scene based on the video I saw.  I would not trust the officials with a DNA sample some of which could simply make it over to the evidence "collected from the scene" and surprise there is now a match.

My western way of thinking says that if they really thought this was their man, they'd have a couple squads of cops on his doorstep in a New York minute.

Book'em Danno ! (Hawaiian minute)

like I said the robber got out of camera range so no arrest, if I was a betting man I could have made a lot of money on that. to think they are giving a man with a red bag 10 days to come forward is a joke even big joke would do better

2 hours ago, Farangwithaplan said:

So by that logic you always win your argument. If the the police don't find the murderer, you can put the Welli into the police for not doing the job. But they bring s suspect in for questioning - which I believe the report states as opposed to merely inviting the suspect for tea and scones when it suits because they have already taken the DNA sample according to the English translated Thai report - and suddenly the suspect must be a patsy.

Interesting! And I use that word very wrongly in this instance.

National police chief, Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda, said today that the man, whose identity was not disclosed, matches the suspect’s profile, being of a similar height and seen carrying a red shoulder bag, similar to the one used by the robber.

I know the Thai police, how they work and operate, and have first hand experience of dealing with them on many levels.

They are not known for good policing and thorough investigation and when it comes to being under pressure to solve a crime........Well! things like the Burmese 2, Kirsty Jones murder in Chiang Mai, and many others come to mind.

I hope they have a lot more to go than the announcement from the police chief in Bangkok. They are not shy in press conferences when they have the slightest bit of evidence to go on. Similar height and a red shoulder bag, I would have a lot more than this before issuing statements.

1 hour ago, iLuvThai said:

Even if this is not solved God is still on the throne and he said that it would be better for him to to have a milestone tied to his neck and thrown into the sea then to fall into the hands of the living God, for so much as harming even one hair on a child.

Who's God are we talking about?

Not everybody believes in the same, but to some, belief is the answer. Why would your God let it happen in the first place?

• Thanks 1