Agencies responsible for air quality are incompetent – Nida Poll

webfact

2 hours ago, Chrysaora said:

I'm a bit baffled.  I run an air purifier in each room.  Why would you think that keeping the windows closed would have much effect on the air particles in your home?

maybe i can help. in my house my Sndway825 is telling me its 45mg inside and 109mg outside with NO air purification and which correlates pretty well with my local station which is less than 2km away:

Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 7.56.00 AM.png

this is because the air outside goes up and down on the winds, the air inside stays constant to the last time i aired it out

though struggling to find sub 50mg periods to do that now :annoyed:

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Chazar said:

What  a  load of tosh this  part is

and yet ... You don't often have to go to a construction site .. The cement dust is highly toxic as well as that of buildings in destruction which were built with asbestos;
asbestos is present everywhere ..
Carcinogenic material which was very quickly banned in the Scandinavian countries;
much slower in France where some resounding scandals ended up having its skin and even slower in Asia where I saw Eternit materials banned from sale in Europe but over the counter on the roadside in Vietnam

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Interesting that there was no mention of burning crops or rubbish.

But someone did mention on TVF and backed it up with satellite imagery of fires burning in the last 24 hour (at the time of the recent post) that there were 150 fires in Thailand and 900 fires in Cambodia, and you could see a westerly sending the smoke from Cambodia over to Thailand which no doubt would add to the smoke from the 150 fires burning in Thailand.

I would have thought any responsible Prime Minister with his powers under Section 44 or whatever it is, could simply say as of tomorrow anyone burning anything will be fined heavily and or sent to jail, and then get his copper mates to enforce it.

I know, I'm in Thailand, just saying ????

A westerly would send smoke from Cambodia to Vietnam i.e. the other direction.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, stouricks said:

He IS correct. And he is saying what you are saying, that even with the windows closed, the sh...ty air still comes in. You need a purifier in each room.

depends how sealed your house is. if its crack free with decent plastered ceilings, hepa filtered aircons, and good well fitting PVC windows/doors then not much of note is going to get in.

bathrooms leak so keep them closed, the drains connect direct to outside

i do find though that the house inside will normalise across rooms. so if my main spaces are sitting at 45mg, purified rooms will eventually end up (say overnight) at 45 if i turn the purifiers off BUT the house will not match what is outside over the same period, in fact in mine they tend to stay at what i last aired the house at so i've been at 45 for 3 days now

7 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

depends how sealed your house is. if its crack free with decent plastered ceilings, hepa filtered aircons, and good well fitting PVC windows/doors then not much of note is going to get in.

So where does the air to breathe come in?