British PM Johnson says the whole country wishes Harry and Meghan the very best

webfact

55 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

And I wish he will find a 8 hrs/day job to earn his living and not using tax payer's money anymore as all the other useless "Highnesses "

He wasn't "using" tax payers money anyway. He has his own money, Prince Charles gives him an allowance and he also has his Army pension.

49 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Can you put in a link to where you say "they will still cost taxpayers GBP5m a year plus almost another million for security"?

One of many: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/18/the-duke-and-duchess-of-sussex-to-drop-hrh-titles:

“The Metropolitan police spends around £600,000 a year protecting the Sussex family.” Add to that the costs incurred by numerous other security agencies.

As you should have read almost everywhere, they will stop getting money direct from the Sovereign Grant but Charles will pay them 2.5m/yr each out of “his” pocket – but that's public money too, when you think about it - as several other posters have pointed out.

UK could save close to half a billion per year by doing away with the lot of them. I'm happy to suggest lots of ways to do that………..

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

He wasn't "using" tax payers money anyway. He has his own money, Prince Charles gives him an allowance and he also has his Army pension.

Are you joking? 

Where do you think these royals got their money from???? From heaven? 

The only money he should be entitled is his Pension. Same as you or me. 

He's not anything special as all royals who are not the brightest candle on the cake. 

If they would have a 8hrs Job they would not have time and money to spend with underage girls or prostitutes as we know from Andy. Who knows if there are more of these royals involved. 

7 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:
3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Are you joking? 

Where do you think these royals got their money from???? From heaven? 

The only money he should be entitled is his Pension. Same as you or me. 

He's not anything special as all royals who are not the brightest candle on the cake. 

If they would have a 8hrs Job they would not have time and money to spend with underage girls or prostitutes as we know from Andy. Who knows if there are more of these royals involved.

a Military Pension! after only 10 years in? - only possible if he was Invalided out...

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I'd say William and Kate are looking better by the day. I guess that's the one positive to come from all this, the debacle of Harry and Markle has really highlighted what a great job William and Kate are doing.

I used to be big on the Royal family but not so much these days. I find it outdated and a bit silly.

I have nothing to say about William and Kate and they are doing a decent job for those into that kind of stuff.

2 hours ago, spinner2020 said:

One of many: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/18/the-duke-and-duchess-of-sussex-to-drop-hrh-titles:

“The Metropolitan police spends around £600,000 a year protecting the Sussex family.” Add to that the costs incurred by numerous other security agencies.

As you should have read almost everywhere, they will stop getting money direct from the Sovereign Grant but Charles will pay them 2.5m/yr each out of “his” pocket – but that's public money too, when you think about it - as several other posters have pointed out.

UK could save close to half a billion per year by doing away with the lot of them. I'm happy to suggest lots of ways to do that………..

I have wandered around the security bill for Harry and Megan and "experts" have come up with various amounts using the term perhaps as much as, could possibly be, maybe this amount along with will Canada or the UK split the bill or one country takes all.

TBH I don't think anyone can come up with a figure until they know the requirements of the security detail. How many security staff will be needed will depend on how many public appearances they will make during a year, how many vehicles, sets of communication they will need, will the guards be armed etc. I think in the first year there will be an overkill (sorry about that) until Canada and the UK work it through and at the end of the first year they will need to review it.

About 45,800,000 results (0.47 seconds) 

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/if-harry-and-meghan-moved-to-vancouver-how-much-would-security-cost-1.4773837

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7902651/Taxpayers-look-set-paying-7-6million-year-security-bill-Harry-Meghan.html

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-security-in-canada-for-meghan-harry-could-cost-over-10-million/

3 hours ago, Oxx said:

Do you honestly think that wasn't money stolen from the British people?

In Victorian times the monarchy was bankrupt.  It was propped up by the British tax payer, and the tax payer was never repaid.

What a load of rubbish. 

Try Googling the Civil list for some history of the royal finances.

Here is your starter for 5 points.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finances_of_the_British_royal_family

Until 1760 the monarch met all official expenses from hereditary revenues, which included the profits of the Crown Estate (the royal property portfolio). King George III agreed to surrender the hereditary revenues of the Crown in return for the Civil List. Under this arrangement the Crown Estate remained the property of the sovereign,[2] but the hereditary revenues of the crown were placed at the disposal of the House of Commons.[1] The Civil List was paid from public funds and was intended to support the exercise of the monarch's duties as head of state of the United Kingdom. This arrangement persisted from 1760 until 2012. In modern times, the Government's profits from the Crown Estate always significantly exceeded the Civil List.[3] Under the Civil List arrangements the royal family faced criticism for the lack of transparency surrounding Royal finances.[5] The National Audit Office was not entitled to audit the Royal Household.[6]

And there is much much more on that link alone.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Well let the courts decide, and I can assure you that your leftie luvvie rag will be reporting on it too.

Frankly I find the whole debacle of her and her trashy family infighting most unbecoming for a Royal. As is her hypocritical posturing on climate change while globe trotting on private jets, but each to their own.

the royals have done such a great job of 'unbecoming to be a royal'

The Queen having offshore accounts and avoiding tax

Prince John being hidden away for years

Edward and mrs simpson, also his association with Hitler

Princess Margarett and captain peter townsend, and anthony armstrong jones

Charles having an affair with another women the whole time he was married to Diana

Andrew divorced and tangled up in sex allegations, ex wifes money troubles

Anne divorced and within months was married again to a man who had always been in the background/

Mark Phillips love child while still married to Anne'

what could Meghan do to tarnish the royal family further, good luck to her and Harry

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Not so. All members of the Armed forces are  2 years service to entitled to a military pension.

amazing! a minimum period of Service to meet minimum Vesting period of just 2 year; and prorata % of 22 years. 

That'll bring him some pocket money! 

But what happens once he domiciles in Canada? I knew of an RN type who retired, but lost it (his Pension) when he migrated lateron to Australia!

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do any of those "journalists" have to be anywhere near her? Or do they make it up in their offices or maybe in a pub?

Some used to know her personally like Piers Morgan before she became famous for marrying H, she cut them off as soon as she started ladder climbing and they have rubbished her, not surprisingly.

7 minutes ago, tifino said:

amazing! a minimum period of Service to meet minimum Vesting period of just 2 year; and prorata % of 22 years. 

That'll bring him some pocket money! 

But what happens once he domiciles in Canada? I knew of an RN type who retired, but lost it (his Pension) when he migrated lateron to Australia!

53 minutes ago, billd766 said:
Not so. All members of the Armed forces are  2 years service to entitled to a military pension.

That is not what I wrote in post #41.

How strange. I have been getting my RAF pension since 1984 and I still get it today.

I have been registered ass living offshore since 1999.

It may be a Canada thing but he should be able to get it no matter where he lives in the world

7 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Not so. All members of the Armed forces are  2 years service to entitled to a military pension.

How strange. I have been getting my RAF pension since 1984 and I still get it today.

It may be a Canada thing but he should be able to get it no matter where he lives in the world

I began part paraphrasing what I found in:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/819610/20150312_AFPS15_YPSE_FINAL.pdf 

interesting stuff how it's worked out. 

Yeh, hope UK/Canadian Veteran agreements work for Harry

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Squidgy gate, pedo second son, Fergie's cash for access to pedo second son, third son a serial failure, 3 of 4 kids' marriages ending in divorce - but Meghan's behaviour is unbecoming? Frankly, she is a rank amateur when it comes to unbecoming behaviour in that family. 

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "harry meghan cartoon"

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

Some used to know her personally like Piers Morgan before she became famous for marrying H, she cut them off as soon as she started ladder climbing and they have rubbished her, not surprisingly.

Anybody who cuts themselves off from the slimy reptilian Piers Morgan should be warmly congratulated by all and sundry. 

However it appears that you put famous for marrying H before "started ladder climbing". Where do you go on the ladder (If ladder climbing is your sad thing) after marrying a prince?

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 8:23 AM, JonnyF said:

No need to panic, I don't think losing the HRH title will stop her.

Markle will still be providing plenty of hypocrisy, complaining, preaching, family dramas, court cases, virtue signalling and general 'wokeness' to keep the tabloids going for a while ????.

Wait till the papparazzi get a shot of her topless on a beach somewhere. ????????????

16 hours ago, billd766 said:

Remove the second s from here, "registered ass living" and replace it with "registered as living"

I have no doubt that some posters prefer the original.

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2020 at 8:42 AM, Nigel Garvie said:

the slimy reptilian Piers Morgan

Could you clarify, please, for those of us less well informed.  We know that senior members of the English royal family are reptilians (and to be specific "blood-drinking, flesh-eating, shape-shifting extraterrestrial reptilian humanoids").  No less an authority than Time magazine confirms it.

http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1860871_1860876_1861029,00.html

Are we to assume that these reptilians are not slimy, and so are a different species of reptilian from Piers Moron?