30-Day Visa On Arrival - Know The Rules !!

36 minutes ago, orchis said:

a 30 day exemption stamp (NOT a visa on arrival as title of thread erronously states) can be extended by 30 days. The information in the attachment is blatantly wrong and the initial posting should be deleted.

The subject seems to be about limits on 30 day Visa Exempt entries, both by air or land border. Why are you focusing on an Extension? 

• Like 2

If I had confidence that those rules would actually be *followed* on arrival to the airport I would be fine.  The thing is, I have no confidence that they will be followed.  Although I visit frequently, my visits are under the limits you list.  Yet, on entry, I have been getting lots of questions, looks and frowns.  

I get the feeling they are looking for ways to deny me, although I was stamped in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BritTim said:

... and the consulates are so convincing. It is natural to believe that Thai consulates should be aware oi Thai immigration rules, but the fact is that they are both convincing and totally unreliable when it comes to anything other than the services they provide themselves. Never accept what a Thai consulate website or consular officials tell you about immigration matters without verifying it from other sources.

A new one for me in this text:

Foreigners who enter Thailand under this Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme may only do so for 30 days at one time with a maximum of 3 times in a 6-month period by flight and 2 times a year for overland crossing.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84451-Tourist-Visa.html#1

• Like 1

2019 I entered Thailand 7 times with  a US passport and nothing was ever said to me. Always got the 30 day visa exempt stamp. I did ask the immigration office where I do my TM 30, and was told there is no limit to entering on a visa exempt by air. This was last month.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Enoon said:

Foreigners who enter Thailand under this Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme may only do so for 30 days at one time with a maximum of 3 times in a 6-month period by flight and 2 times a year for overland crossing.

Just incorrect wording for the total of 90 days in 6 months rule for visa exempt entries that was rescinded in 2008.

They left out the total of 90 days out of it and replaced it with 3 times.

They left out per calendar year for the 2 visa exempt entries limit at land border crossings part.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

2019 I entered Thailand 7 times with  a US passport and nothing was ever said to me. Always got the 30 day visa exempt stamp. I did ask the immigration office where I do my TM 30, and was told there is no limit to entering on a visa exempt by air. This was last month.   

Why did he answer your (odd) TM30 question with information regarding visa exempt

entries?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

OP. I wish you would not post incorrect information.

1 No such thing as a 30 day visa on arrival. There is a 30 day visa exempt entry or a 15 day visa on arrival. What you get depends on your nationallity

2 No such thing as a limit on visa exempt entry at airports. As UbonJoe said any previous limit was recinded years ago. Some rogue IO's in airports still use this unofficially.

3 Correct there is a limit of 2 visa exempt entries by land, but its per calender year not a rolling 12 month period.

You really should check that your information is 100% right before you posted. It just makes you look silly.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The subject seems to be about limits on 30 day Visa Exempt entries, both by air or land border. Why are you focusing on an Extension? 

I don't see that was focussing on it, .. just mentioning it, and I am glad he did. ????

7 hours ago, steve187 said:

this was a sign on display at hull in september 2019, so don't trust everything hull tells you

sign at hull.jpg

That 15 day limit went away 5 or 6 years ago and was only in force for a year or two as I recall.  I remember the week it ended as I did a visa run to get another 30 days and only a few visa tour agents were aware that it was back to 30 days.

Cardiff Consulate are showing  similar information on their web site

TOURIST VISA EXEMPTION

The Visa Exemption rule permits UK Nationals (and some other nationalities) a stay of up to 30 days in Thailand without a visa.

To enter under the visa exemption rule, you must provide evidence to Immigration on arrival that you will not over stay the permitted 30 days. Evidence is a booked outward/departure ticket from Thailand (Plane, Coach or Train ticket)

Under the visa exemption, you are permitted:

3 Entries in 6 months when entering by Air.

If entering over a land border, then it is a maximum of 2 Entries in 1 year.

If mixing the Entries, you must not exceed 3 entries in 6 Months.

If you are staying in Thailand for longer than 30 days, or you do not have an outward ticket within the permitted 30 days, then you MUST obtain a visa prior to arrival in Thailand

10 minutes ago, Tim16 said:

Completely false and outdated info.

Screenshot of a police order issued in 2008 that rescinded a order done in 2006 limiting visa exempt entries to a total of 90 days in 6 months.

image.png.d9cc40dc9bece85a0ba53f9ae2744446.png

Source: visa exemp tPO 778-2551_en.pdf

The 15 days at land borders was rescinded when the 2 visa exempt entries per calendar rule went into effect.

On 1/19/2020 at 6:06 PM, Feed The Cat said:

Persons entering Thailand by air are allowed a maximum of three 30-day Visa Exemption Entries within any rolling 6-month period.

If this the rule, one can stay in Thailand for perpetuity on Visa Exempt. I don't think it applies. IO has full discretion of denying you entry and at BBK/DMK, you would most probably get denied entry.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, shy coconut said:
On 1/20/2020 at 3:57 PM, Billpro785 said:

Why did he answer your (odd) TM30 question with information regarding visa exempt

entries?

He didn't ask a TM30 question, (oddly enough).   He asked about VE entries at the office at which he submits his TM30.

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
1 hour ago, Tim16 said:

Completely false and outdated info.

Screenshot of a police order issued in 2008 that rescinded a order done in 2006 limiting visa exempt entries to a total of 90 days in 6 months.

I realise the information on the Cardiff web site might not be accurate but how do you connect 3 Entries in 6 months when entering by Air with 90 days in 6 months nothing is mentioned about 90 days in 6 months.

12 minutes ago, Tim16 said:

I realise the information on the Cardiff web site might not be accurate but how do you connect 3 Entries in 6 months when entering by Air with 90 days in 6 months nothing is mentioned about 90 days in 6 months.

3 x 30 = 90

18 minutes ago, Tim16 said:

Just stating the old rules incorrectly. There has never been a 3 entry rule within 6 months. 

They just divided the 90 days by 30 to get the 3 entry part in the their incorrect info.