30-Day Visa On Arrival - Know The Rules !!

24 minutes ago, Tim16 said:

The old rule/law which allowed you to stay in Thailand for only 90 days in any 6 months period(rescinded  in2006) is not same as 3 Entries in 6 months when entering by Air

The 2006 date was when it went into effect it was rescinded in 2008.

There never has been a 3 entries in 6 months rule.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for the helpful responses. Yes i worded the title incorrectly - it should refer to the TOURIST VISA EXEMPTION RULE (rather than 'visa on arrival') - but the purpose of the post was to open discussion for those who feel ill-informed, Im sorry if it is 'silly' but the amount of variation in responses suggests its a topic worth exploring anyway. Have a nice day! ???? 

• Sad 1

On 1/20/2020 at 8:57 AM, Billpro785 said:

2019 I entered Thailand 7 times with  a US passport and nothing was ever said to me. Always got the 30 day visa exempt stamp. I did ask the immigration office where I do my TM 30, and was told there is no limit to entering on a visa exempt by air. This was last month.   

Thanks for this helpful and interesting comment - i also asked an official at the immigration desk at BKK and was told there is no limit to the number of times one can attain the visa on arrival by air (from qualifying countries) .... which completely contradicts the other sources ....