Seven year old foreign boy attacked by dogs on Krabi beach - only then is there some action

webfact

On 1/20/2020 at 8:38 AM, webfact said:

Krabi governor Kittibadee Prawit went to visit him and his parents at the hospital armed with flowers and toys. 

all for the show.... he should have taken care of the dogs long time ago, have he had done that no publicity stunt was necessary, as always, only solve the problem after somebody has been hurt.... maybe he doesn't know that sometimes  prevention is more important then solution

On 1/20/2020 at 8:38 AM, webfact said:

he ordered vets to go to the beach and tranquilize the dogs with darts. 

something is missing here.... what they will do after they tranquilize them? been to that breach many times, dogs are every where and they come at you grinding their teeth, it appears last year the governor did  the same thing, tranquilized them for a while and later they were back at the same place....  Ao Nang beach appears to have more straight dogs then people

22 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

no problem, then.

they can round up the strays for a monthly dog meat festival, invite the millions of quality chinese tourists to partake in the all-you-can-eat buffet.

win-win.

You may be on to something here ????

On 1/19/2020 at 8:38 PM, webfact said:

He was given multiple medications including anti-rabies shots.

Slightly wrong reporting as because in most western countries an immediate regimen of one dose of immune globulin and four doses of rabies vaccine over a 14-day period.  The rabies immune globulin and the first dose of rabies vaccine should be given as soon as possible after being bitten.  It is far better to start anti-rabies shots before arriving in a location where it is known that rabies is widespread and that includes Thailand.  However, most people are not aware of the danger.  When I first went to Thailand I had one shot in Canada and the follow-up shots in Thailand.  Thus, if bitten, I only require one shot.  The daily stomach shots that were required after a bite and having no initial shots prior to being bitten were discontinued some time ago.

'nuf sed.

On 1/23/2020 at 4:26 AM, wotsdermatter said:

Slightly wrong reporting as because in most western countries an immediate regimen of one dose of immune globulin and four doses of rabies vaccine over a 14-day period.  The rabies immune globulin and the first dose of rabies vaccine should be given as soon as possible after being bitten.  It is far better to start anti-rabies shots before arriving in a location where it is known that rabies is widespread and that includes Thailand.  However, most people are not aware of the danger.  When I first went to Thailand I had one shot in Canada and the follow-up shots in Thailand.  Thus, if bitten, I only require one shot.  The daily stomach shots that were required after a bite and having no initial shots prior to being bitten were discontinued some time ago.

'nuf sed.

Good advice! I completed the three shot rabies series on September 16, 2019 and will see about getting a booster shot in a few months.