BANGKOK
webfact

"Black Snow" - when are the authorities going to do something serious about sugar cane burning?

Every day for the last few months in sukhothai 😎  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, webfact said:

People asked the authorities: "If this was your house what would you do?"

"Not our house, not our ploblem" Krup

2 hours ago, webfact said:

He said it was time for proper action to curb the problem. 

We advise our department who will advise the relevant department, who will advise the other department, who will advise the other department, but please don't get off the merry-go-round just yet, because there will be other departments that will need to know, and in the meantime wear a mask and don't light up too many incense at one time, Krup

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bassosa said:

Alway demanding action from the government, but too lazy and complacent to take action themselves.

The cane growers are right there, burning, but Thais are too lazy and too scared to voice their opinions and confront the culprits.

Suck it up cowards...

Perhaps if they got groups of people together and blocked the entrances to sugar cane factories around the country, chaining themselves to vehicles, poles, fences, gates etc etc and muscled up enough media and kept the attention focused on this, the government might have to do something, but I can't see that extreme measure happening, although it needs to be done, nationwide to get some action done, after all it's Thailand's 2nd largest export and there are a lot of $'s at stake, me for one, stopped buying sugar 🙂

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

Maybe its time they came out of the stone age and used machines to cut the canes, like most civilized countries.

Or rent the machine like many farmers do when harvesting in other countries. 

More expensive, but quicker, less labour needed, better for the environment, and able to grow more crops and  so make more profit 

The corporates can then pass on the increase to the consumer, a win/win which is under everyone's noses, but the government lacks the balls, which tells me someone's getting big brown paper bags annually, or their just plain stupid, but we all know its about turning the heads the other way where the brown paper bags are comign from.

• Like 2

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

Perhaps if they got groups of people together and blocked the entrances to sugar cane factories around the country, chaining themselves to vehicles, poles, fences, gates etc etc and muscled up enough media and kept the attention focused on this, the government might have to do something, but I can't see that extreme measure happening, although it needs to be done, nationwide to get some action done, after all it's Thailand's 2nd largest export and there are a lot of $'s at stake, me for one, stopped buying sugar 🙂

Exactly. 

That will send a strong message, not only to the cane growers but also their masters. 

But complaining about (local) government on social media is soo much more convenient isn't it?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

it needs to be done ASEAN wide

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thai women prefer white snow over this black variant. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1