Bangkok eighth worst in the world for air quality, global index shows

webfact

35 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

the Agriculture Ministry and Industrial Works Department have been working to reduce exhaust emissions from cars and smoke from factories to ease the problem, said Mr. Pralong.

Again with the "glossing over" of the real culprits...those burning fields,forests and rubbish.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hashmodha said:

The most saddest thing I have ever read about air quality is when a youngster fainted because she could not breathe in Australia whist playing tennis.... when on earth was there ever an air quality issue which interfaces with sports??

When an area the size of Belgium burns :coffee1:

• Sad 2

15 hours ago, konbit said:

Before calling a 17-year-old girl who is successfully operating in international politics (instead of spending 8 hours a day on internet celebrities' Tik Toks, like most people her age) a "retard", maybe you should educate yourself a little bit on the distinction between particulate matter and the CO2 that causes global warming. 

i thought her dad wrote all the little fraud's her posts for her :coffee1: 

21 hours ago, rvaviator said:

I wonder what is going on in that town in Mongolia ... Is it coal fired power stations ?  Index of 298 that is fenominal

Coal powered factories and factories within the city which itself is located within a bowl.  Its a horrendous situation. 

What a horrendous disgrace for Thailand.  This is a country that wants to be a hub of progress, a hub of tourism, a hub of innovation.  All it has become is a stinking choking smog and garbage filled sewer.  I predict a harsh year ahead for tourism.  Not even the most ardent iron lung tourist from New Delhi or Beijing would want to visit this choke filled over priced nightmare.

2 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

Government needs to step down immediately with regards to this. They are killing people. Stupid Prayut said hes tough and pm2.5 doesnt effect him, Seriously? He wont be enforcing laws because he doesnt want to! seriously? 

Omg i hope our paths cross!!

So i have been saying for years that the average iq of thais and their behavior is purely as a result of their enviroment and just now on morning news they showed that pm2.5 attacks the frontal lobe of the brain first which controls morals. Need i say more?

This makes me furious because i dont want my child to go to school even....

I not like Prayut.

but is up to the local people. Prayut can not control.

Frontal lobe brain pollution. Maybe why south people more clever than north people?

where you live?

6F82C52C-900D-4A1F-9EA0-5E4FB178C209.png

What’s new? Happens every year and nothing is ever done about it. It is like being in the movie Groundhog Day.

Clearly the government does not care and the farmers also could care less as they need to save money.

I guess STUPID really is hard to fix and no doubt this will not be fixed in many years to come.

Thais only learn the hard way. So let them first distroy their country with pollution. And then maybe one day they will wake up and do something about it.

Edited by khunpa
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Because that 'little retard' has done her homework and knows that it is the developed countries that produce the bulk of the green house gasses and have the resources to do something about it.

https://www.ucsusa.org/resources/each-countrys-share-co2-emissions

China and India can afford to get their hands in their pockets. They are second and fifth respectively in the league table of countries with the highest GDP.

https://www.investopedia.com/insights/worlds-top-economies/

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SiSePuede419 said:

Saw a study last year done at UT, Austin where they sealed up a house and cooked Thanksgiving meal and cleaned up afterwards using standard home cleaning products.

Guess what?

The air pollution skyrocketed inside the sealed off home.

They estimated that exhausting cooking and cleaning pollution from residential homes in Los Angeles produces more air pollution than all the cars on every road in LA.

Source: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/04/08/the-hidden-air-pollution-in-our-homes

Just to be safe, eat only raw food and stop cleaning....  

You know, open a backpacker hostel with a Continental breakfast and dirty bathrooms. ????

You're definitely on to something. While cooking breakfast on our gas stove this morning, the PM2.5 reading on my air purifier leaped from 12 to 48.  Scary.

23 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

You're definitely on to something. While cooking breakfast on our gas stove this morning, the PM2.5 reading on my air purifier leaped from 12 to 48.  Scary.

Lots of things will drive that reading skyward... Spray a room freshener, roast something in the oven, use the gas stove, etc etc... 

The difference is, unless you work in a kitchen, those things are short-term, temporary exposures.... Whereas the ambient air you breath day in and day out is an ongoing, persistent exposure.

• Like 1

Triple whammy for Thailand:

• PM 2.5 sky high from the south (Cambodia & Indonesia burning).

• corona virus bearing down from the north (Wunan tourists coming by the thousands for ChiCom New Year).

• incredibly overpriced Baht to diminish exports and tourism.

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, ravip said:

Has anyone used this device?

Any comments about its accuracy and usefulness?

image.jpeg.10dc5f299a6db53641aec2d50ec87ee6.jpeg

Saw it on Lazada

Have had for several years - appears to be very accurate (in reference to closest official station) and fast to react to changing conditions and USB charge lasts a long time.  As have filter use to check that it is working when air gets bad outside.