“Don’t complain about our English, If you can’t speak Thai” - sign at restaurant goes viral - again

webfact

18 hours ago, Teee said:

And why would i do that?

Why indeed? Because you're saying something he wishes were not true but cannot argue with. Ravip probably needs to climb down off his outraged high horse. The average IQ in Thailand is listed as 91. The average IQ for the Philippines is 86, on a par with those bastions of intellect, Tonga and Peru.

That resolves that point of contention I think, though he will probably now move to discredit the results. Of course. That's the way people on the wrong side of statistics normally behave.

Edited by ParkerN
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ParkerN said:

Why indeed? Because you're saying something he wishes were not true but cannot argue with. Ravip probably needs to climb down off his outraged high horse. The average IQ in Thailand is listed as 91. The average IQ for the Philippines is 86, on a par with those bastions of intellect, Tonga and Peru.

That resolves that point of contention I think, though he will probably now move to discredit the results. Of course. That's the way people on the wrong side of statistics normally behave.

That only means that people there are bad in western IQ tests. If you believe that the country/race/nationality determines IQ you will have many surprises in your life.

2 hours ago, Enki said:

That only means that people there are bad in western IQ tests. If you believe that the country/race/nationality determines IQ you will have many surprises in your life.

And if you beieve that international IQ surveys have no merit, then you will have lots in yours. It isn't just a number you know, it's a measure of reasoning ability and the fact appears to be that Filipinos have less of it even than Thais. Like it or lump it or find another test that comes up with a better result - the usual thing when people fail a test they'd rather pass but don't have the ability to do better in - blame the test.

• 1 month later...
On 1/20/2020 at 10:30 AM, BritManToo said:

I'm from Sussex/Surrey and sound like Prince Harry.

A posh C-u-next-Tuesday from creepy Crawley, by any chance?!

I suspect you sound more like Kev and Chimere down at Bewbush corner store, tbh ???? innit bruv?! Wicked!

(I'm only kidding, and I'm genuinly curious if you're from Crawley/area)

Edited by FarangULong
brackets stuff

On 1/20/2020 at 4:56 AM, Yinn said:

Usually German, Italy, Holland, Korean, Chinese very polite about language misunderstanding. Because they understand it difficult. Have experience

You are joking .. Germans speak better English than the English thereselves .. And the Dutch aren't far behind though sometimes with a stoned sort of lishp but still perfectly understandable .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Haha 1