Scanning of Documents for Standard Visitors Visa UK

I note that there is an option to scan and upload required documents for Standard UK Visitors visa or to pay VFS.   Do they require both Thai and English language scans or only English - commonsense tells me only English, but I am dealing with officialdom!

Regarding VFS scanning, anyone have knowledge of cost?

Thank you

According to their website VFS charge 460 Baht to scan and upload supporting doccuments.

The cynical amongst us could be forgiven for believing that the home uploading facility is designed to be unreliable to encourage applicants to use the VFS premium service. 

I think the scans will be in both languages, it all depends what evidence you're submitting.

Thank you for that.

In completing the application my wife has has been asked to tick a box to say that has has seen and read the guide to war crimes, terrorism and extremist organisations.

Anyone ideas what that is all about.    Will there be questions at the interview? 

1 minute ago, GuyFawkes said:

Anyone ideas what that is all about.    Will there be questions at the interview? 

No idea what that is about, never noticed that, doesn't mean it hasn't been there for years.

She wont be asked about at interview, because there isn't wan't VFS Staff are a glorified post office box, they just receive the supporting docs, if they're not already uploaded, and capture the bio details.

Any Thai documents must be translated into English.

Both the original Thai document and English translation must be provided for scanning.

You can upload all the documents at the end of completing the application, or pay VFS a 460 baht fee for them to scan the documents. All Visitor Visa applications are now sent to New Delhi in India for approval.

????

On 1/20/2020 at 8:12 AM, GuyFawkes said:

In completing the application my wife has has been asked to tick a box to say that has has seen and read the guide to war crimes, terrorism and extremist organisations.

It's been there for as long as I can remember. Assuming she is not as a terrorist,  just tick no. ????

On 1/20/2020 at 12:36 PM, theoldgit said:

According to their website VFS charge 460 Baht to scan and upload supporting doccuments.

The cynical amongst us could be forgiven for believing that the home uploading facility is designed to be unreliable to encourage applicants to use the VFS premium service. 

I think the scans will be in both languages, it all depends what evidence you're submitting.

The information was conflicting subject to how you made the application. I have always used Visa4uk and last year didn't pay VFS for scanning, just had a look to see if that had changed only to find out it has been shut down other than to a few nationalities. That is fairly recent as it is only a couple of months since I checked something on the history. Looks like another learning curve in store.

You are probably right about people being pushed towards paying.

Archived