BANGKOK
topt

Query time/labour for 110k km service?

Need to get the oil changed etc. Mitsubishi dealer have quoted 5 hours for a 110k service. Triton is 8 years old.

I haven't been down to try and check exactly what else they are planning to do but it seems a little excessive. Any views on this?

The last service was at 97k when they changed the timing belt and that was only 8 hours labour all in.

I would have thought 5 hours is for an engine change.....🤔

• Like 2

Change your garage. You are being conned. It took 25 min: to change the T/Belt on my last Tuna that included the tensioners. Ok 1 hour if they are rubbish at servicing, 8 hours is a joke. Even if they change the oil and filter at the same time shouldn't equate to 8. More than likely 1.5 hours tops. Only allowing that as the car has to be on the ground to sort out T/Belt.

My last service two weeks ago took them 40 min: to change oil and filter. But they did a 60k check. Wheels off brakes pads 8 out and cleaned re greased and replaced. The 60k check was a freebee. Get lots of those at Toyota. 

My lump has only done 35k but it was a freebee so why not.

Edited by fredob43

At the last service for my 5 year old Triton (only 20.000 Klms) Mitsu tried to tell me that the next service is a major one and will cost 17,000 baht. Fat chance, I will just continue with an oil change and filter every year for 1500 baht.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

At the last service for my 5 year old Triton (only 20.000 Klms) Mitsu tried to tell me that the next service is a major one and will cost 17,000 baht. Fat chance, I will just continue with an oil change and filter every year for 1500 baht.

Timing Belt change maybe?

Edited by saengd

1 hour ago, saengd said:

Timing belt change was recommended at 100k which is what I had done last year. My memory says on newer models it is not even necessary but my memory could be wrong :smile:

2 hours ago, saengd said:

My Triton has done 20,000 klms, hardly think it's time for a belt change.

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

Isn't there something about the age of the vehicle OR the mileage that determines when that belt is changed?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, saengd said:

Isn't there something about the age of the vehicle OR the mileage that determines when that belt is changed?

So if it sat undriven in a garage for 5 years the belt would still need changing?

14 hours ago, giddyup said:

Mitsu might have a time limit on belt change, KM or years. Even so 17th is a joke. Belt change cost around 4th including labour & parts. Even if they add a full big service normally 40k. It would only add another 4th to the cost.

Am pricing that on what Toyo charge. Big 40k service is around 4th that's for changing engine oil 8lt full Syn: filter, rear/front axle splitter box and gear box oil + all the filters on a 4x4, They also change wheels around and check/clean brakes, lot less if it's 2 wheel.

Thank Buddha I got a Toyo Tuna.    

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

So if it sat undriven in a garage for 5 years the belt would still need changing?

Yes. It's not unlike the warranty on the vehicle itself, 5 years OR 100,000 kms.

• Like 1

My old Vigo belt needed changing at 150,000km, but, the dash had a belt change light that comes on at 150,000km as a good reminder....😋

3 hours ago, saengd said:

Yes. It's not unlike the warranty on the vehicle itself, 5 years OR 100,000 kms.

Now it's out of warranty I think I'll wait for the 100K before worrying about it.

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

Now it's out of warranty I think I'll wait for the 100K before worrying about it.

Just make sure that you change it the day before it breaks...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1