BANGKOK
PhineusFreek

Girlie Bars Wheelchair Handicapped Friendly?

Me and my mate are planning a holiday in Bangkok. We are both wheelchsir bound and my mates several handicaps in addition. But were game lads and eondering how wherlchair friendly places like NanaPlaza , patpong and Cowboy are . ? 

• Like 2

Were not worried about pavements. Thats what taxis are for . Were just not wanting to be sat in our chairs and not able to get to the bar or getting trampled on thd disco floor. I heard the Thai birds can be a bit picky about guys in wheelies ? Right?

• Like 1

I've not seen wheelchair-bound guys in Nana Plaza and honestly the arrangements inside the bar don't seem particularly handicapped friendly.

However, you might have better luck with the street side bars/alcocarts which open up late. They're all along lower Sukumvit. The ones on Soi 7 for example get really cooking after midnight. No reason you can't roll up to one and have a good time. Booze and gals aplenty.

Danish bloke in a wheelchair once bought a percentage of a bar in Nanaplaza on the first floor, must have been carried up. Bloke named Santos sold it to him but unfortunately it was not his to sell! Bangkok is hard enough if you can walk

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Back of the bar...maybe can get a handi-job 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Greyhat said:

'Not at all' is the answer, but that'd be the least of your worries in Bangkok, most of the city is wheelchair inaccessible. It's difficult enough to walk down many streets with the broken/uneven pavements, foot wide gaps between poles and walls, street vendors blocking the way etc.

There's loads of videos of the streets and the places you mentioned specifically on Youtube if you want to take a peek for yourself.

your not going to be hopping around bangkok in a wheelchair, but they could do a grab van and just drop off from hotel at specific locations, then get picked up again.

best option is probably soi cowboy they can go down street which is just like a walking street drinking at the outside bars. the girls come outside and can bar fined from there if needed. 

could also drop off outside nana plaza and drink in the downstairs arcade (no steps?!?), or could even do patpong just dropping off at the end of the soi and wheeling down the street. the girls on the japanese soi in patong line up outside, you dont even need to go in.

steps to gogos are another animal. would just see whats there and take what comes your way.

the whole endeavor is going to be more enjoyable with a couple drinks in you, but could be fun with the right mindset.

Edited by fhickson
  • Like 1

As a wheelchair user the kerbs are a nightmare due to the size to handle flooding and the <deleted> like signs poles etc on them . If I’m in bkk I’m usually just at a mall and hotel via taxis but if you look around I’m sure there will be some places without huge kerbs and toilets your chair can actually fit through the door . One of my biggest problems is not getting in the bar etc but the fact the toilet doors are always so narrow . 
As for women being bothered by a chair don’t even worry about it , if you are funny and chat to them they won’t care . Plus obviously buy them drinks 😄👍🏻

• Like 2