Renewing Retirement Visa Earlier than 1 Month

Hello,

My Retirement Visa expires in April at about the beginning of SongKran. This year I've got some trips planned, domestic and international,  before, during and after SongKran and I would like to renew my Visa about 6 weeks before the expiration date.  Is that doable?

Thank you

Edited by FMarch

38 minutes ago, erinsf said:

Security Check from Thai Police- forms- address/lease-health care-? 

Those are not required to apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement at a immigration office.

Those are only needed to apply for a Non-OA visa at a embassy or official Thai consulate.

36 minutes ago, erinsf said:

One other thing: 

other than the 800K in the bank, what documents will your bring to renew the VISA?  Security Check from Thai Police- forms- address/lease-health care-? 

I think the OP, is obtaining a 12 month permission of stay. (Extension) 

He will not need police check.

As for insurance that depends if his original visa was Non O-A or Non O.

The other list of what's required such as tm7 form is listed on current threads

3 hours ago, mamypoko said:

Had a family emergency. CW asked for a letter explaining the reason and a copy of the departing ticket. They renewed my retirement visa around 65 days early.

Thanks for that info. Heck 65 days early. Was not aware possible even with emergency. For those using money in bank method another vote for leaving the 800k all year round. 

13 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I think the OP, is obtaining a 12 month permission of stay. (Extension) 

He will not need police check.

As for insurance that depends if his original visa was Non O-A or Non O.

The other list of what's required such as tm7 form is listed on current threads

I got an "O" Visa in 2015.  I have gotten the 1 year extension for 2015-16, and every year since.  I plan on renewing it again this year.  I have always carried good health  insurance that had a 28k Out Patient Coverage.  Do I need to increase that to 40k with the new regulations?

6 hours ago, Is this real said:

I got an "O" Visa in 2015.  I have gotten the 1 year extension for 2015-16, and every year since.  I plan on renewing it again this year.  I have always carried good health  insurance that had a 28k Out Patient Coverage.  Do I need to increase that to 40k with the new regulations?

No insurance required. Fact that you have insurance is good idea but not a requirement for your extensions.

• Like 1

Have OA visa, extension wil be in June, but have to renew my health insurance next month, so it will be 4 months old already when my visa extension is due in June, what can I do?

Insurance company, Pacific cross, only gives police for one year at the time. Wil Udon immigration still give me one year retirement extension? Impossible to get answer from there, but maybe someone here know?

8 minutes ago, rosk said:

Have OA visa, extension wil be in June, but have to renew my health insurance next month, so it will be 4 months old already when my visa extension is due in June, what can I do?

Insurance company, Pacific cross, only gives police for one year at the time. Wil Udon immigration still give me one year retirement extension? Impossible to get answer from there, but maybe someone here know?

No personal experience, but I read on the Forum that Pacific Cross is able and willing to synchronize your health-insurance policy with your OA - retirement extension application.  So better check with them, also to make sure that your policy meets the IO requirements so that they can issue the required Health-Insurance Certificate and input your policy data in the IO health-insurance database.

On 1/22/2020 at 9:51 AM, jimn said:

As others have said 30 - 45 days is the norm, over that you need a good reason. It depends where your IO is. I use Jomtien and its a strict 30 days.

Seems they not always are so strict there.

I did my extension last year 38 days before. Just told them, I have to leave the country. I had the flight reservation on my phone but no proof was asked.

Depending on the IO and his mood like always, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Seems they not always are so strict there.

I did my extension last year 38 days before. Just told them, I have to leave the country. I had the flight reservation on my phone but no proof was asked.

Depending on the IO and his mood like always, I suppose. 

So yes you had a good reason. Last year I tried to do my extension 45 days early. They accepted my papers and then I had a phone call at 8pm that night from them saying I apply too early and to come back tomorrow to get passport. I went back the next day, I had the extension in there but had a large VOID stamped across it.