BANGKOK
CH1961

Smooth retirement extension at Jomtien Immigration

Can the OP advise us if he has an O or an O-A visa as the basis I for his retirement extension, please?  If O-A, was insurance required?

25 minutes ago, Tracyb said:

Can the OP advise us if he has an O or an O-A visa as the basis I for his retirement extension, please?  If O-A, was insurance required?

Evidently he was on a extension of a entry from a non-o visa since he did not mention insurance in the OP.

Recently had to change from EFT routing number for NYC BKK like others because BKK stopped routing unless SWIFT code to now IDD form through Manila, direct deposit from SSA to Jomtien but on bank detail or passbook not coding it FTT or FET but Bathnet. Anyone having this experience?

1 hour ago, Tracyb said:

On Non-O, without any insurance. 

Posted primary because I had detailed account statement from day before and not the usual, on day of application, updated passbook. 

Edited by CH1961
Mistake
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cannot be a*sed to quote his version of War & Peace from post #4. 

I eagerly await publication of his next extension experience. 

16 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

It speaks volumes that retirees feel the need to post that their visa extension was not a traumatic experience...

It is rather intended as an aid. 

For the not so bright whiner 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

CH1961:  Friday 8.30am, got number 803. Prepared with usual copies.

Had TM30, chanot, detailed bank statement for last 6 months and letter from bank (made one day before) and nice actual photo from me.

9.50 out without any question from officer about photos or maps

Did you mean out at 9:50 or was it 8:50?  If 9:50, were you doing more than getting extension?

The reason I ask is it appears an unusually long time to process if you had number 803 (number 3 in line).  It has never taken me longer than 30 minutes and that was waiting for those ahead of me - a couple of years ago, I had number 806, they started processing at 8:30am as usual, I was called around 8:35am and was out the door at 8:40am (3 in the queue called before me had missing paperwork taking very little time to be sent on their way - otherwise, it would have taken longer but still would most likely have been out the door before 9am). As usual, to return the next day to pick up the passport.

Last year was bit different as it was first time using 65k monthly income without an Embassy letter (USA).  The IO took about 5 minutes to go through paperwork, but said I needed another letter from my bank listing the foreign deposits for past 12 months - I had bank certified statements for the 12 month period & letter from bank confirming the account - but she wanted the additional bank letter listing deposits instead of the statements.  She provided me with an example and said for me to go to the Bangkok Bank branch where I opened my account as they could do for full 12 months whereas other branches could only do about 6 months (I obtained the bank statements from another Bangkok Bank location and had to wait one week for the statements to be sent from Bank HQ).  This initial review by the Immigration Officer took about 5-6 minutes.

I left and immediately went to my Branch and obtained the letter - that took a little over an hour as they had to print out a Credit Advice for each deposit from which they took the information to prepare the letter.  Back to Jomtien Immigration and as instructed, went directly to the lady IO I dealt with earlier (no need to queue). As she had just finished with one person and not started with the next, she took my packet (she had already attached a notation apparently noting all in order except for the bank letter), looked over the letter, accepted the packet and my payment of fee -  took about 3 minutes. Picked up passport next day.

I have always found Jomtien Immigration to be efficient and quick so long as there is no problem with any of the documents submitted and any waiting depends on the number ahead of you in the queue.

• Thanks 1