in between 2 flights a few hours in Thailand ...

I will interrupt my stay in Vietnam to travel to Bangkok and stay there at the airport for a few hours (outside of the international area) before continuing on to Laos. The Immigration Service will see on its screen that I have arrived at the airport and left for Laos a few hours later without re-registration. How will that be classified by immigration? Would this affect the renewal on my existing non-immigration visa "O" in Thailand?

• Confused 1

If you have an extension of stay protected by a single entry re-entry permit, your re-entry permit will be used when you pass through immigration. To ensure that your extended permission to stay remains valid for your later return to Thailand, you would need to get a further re-entry permit.

On 1/21/2020 at 11:24 AM, BritTim said:

If you have an extension of stay protected by a single entry re-entry permit, your re-entry permit will be used when you pass through immigration. To ensure that your extended permission to stay remains valid for your later return to Thailand, you would need to get a further re-entry permit.

I have a multiple re-entry permit...

9 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

I have a multiple re-entry permit...

So what's your op about. Flying into bkk and then what. Onward flight to Laos most likely 2 separate flight bookings. 

If so you will clear imm at airport and reenter via passport control? Seems you have multi reentry then what's the issue.

If you want advice you need clear OP.

I have zero idea what your asking.

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

So what's your op about. Flying into bkk and then what. Onward flight to Laos most likely 2 separate flight bookings. 

If so you will clear imm at airport and reenter via passport control? Seems you have multi reentry then what's the issue.

If you want advice you need clear OP.

I have zero idea what your asking.

If you arrive in Thailand with a non-immigrant O you have to register with a TM30 at immigration because you are on Thai soil for a few hours...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

If you arrive in Thailand with a non-immigrant O you have to register with a TM30 at immigration because you are on Thai soil for a few hours...

The TM30 is only required when you are present at a dwelling for over 24 hours. The TM6 arrival form is quite sufficient for those in transit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GeKoSc said:

I fly in/out Thailand every few weeks. Never do a tm30 in 7 years. Late last year I decided to do a tm30 upon last entry just prior to attending imm for 12 month extension at CW. Reason being the big crack down about tm30 when new fella replaced big Joke. That has come and gone at CW.

At the very end of process I presented photocopy of screenshot from my condo tm30. The io did not even look at it. Just pushed it back. 

Edited by DrJack54

An idea of how long a few hours is would help. 3 or 4??

Land just after 3 or 4 international flights might mean a long wait at Imm' on the way through and also after check in for next flight.

If only 3 or 4 hours it isn't long enough to go anywhere except overpriced food outlets and duty free.

I've never had to 'transit' in BKK so no idea what the transit area is like.

Is it not possible to book 'through' at first departure and get boarding cards for both flights and just relax in the transit area?

Never done it myself so asking if it's possible in BKK.

Edited by overherebc