Widespread sugarcane burning continues uninterrupted by local authorities

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Wiggy said:

Then ask your god to get rid of all us whiners. If your prayers work, we’ll all leave you alone and you can continue living your smoke-filled, happy, (but shorter) life. 

A little smoke. Bangkok is gagging again, Kohn Kaen has a smoke & smog haze. Not too much sugar in locale, but stubble burning and waste burning is resulting in above considered safe levels. Only a little smoke...………….ye jest!

Gosh.  That is nearly as much carbon back into the air as my local  Amphur does by burning the road verges and centre highway drain every year at this time.   At least there will probably be less power and telephone lines directly overhead in sugar fields, luckily by the height of those flames.  My wife went was admitted to hospital with an asthma attack from rice paddy burning about 8-9 years ago in our area of Chonburi North.   

• Like 2

Here in Bang Yai, Nonthaburi..just a few kilometers from Central Westgate Mall....right across the street from my new housing estate....they burn off the rice stubble after each crop...not only do the authorities do nothing about it....but the folks in the sales office shrug it off by telling you it's Thai everyday life. They accept everything without question.....that's why the air is <deleted>. The complex pool is right across from the rice fields so when burning day is here....forget swimming unless you want to take in some charcoal.

• Like 1

Seems like the burning and black snow have gone on for a long, long, time. It is very difficult to ask people to change after many years of the same practice... no plastic, conserve water, follow strict traffic rules that didn't seem to matter so much a few years ago. The only think certain is change and it is all about the will to change. 

Change and the will to change is an issue in all countries.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Someone lost their life burning sugar cane?

Do you not pay attention to the consequences to ones health from breathing all of this acrid smoke and pollution in, or are you just trying to wind-up folks.  Your just being silly with this comment Neal.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

Saw quite a bit of burning and could smell it inside bus coming back from mae sai today.....cough.

Yep I live about 30k south of Maesai and each day now the mountains are starting to disappear into the twilight zone.

The Sleeping Lady has gone for a while , can't see past the rice fields.

IMGP1259.JPG

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

You  are trolling , right. But you are also right , nothing will change and now this is the new normal. The air will turn to shiite for 3/4 months of the year in many provinces. And that is just the way it is.Like it or lump it. Get  mask get an air purifier and hope you don't get sick. Or leave if you can. Well I was coming for 3 months and now once we have finished business I'm off to the clean air of Europe and Thailand can take care of itself. Maybe in the old days it was just as bad but we didn't have AQI index and the internet bubble to magnify everything. And maybe all the oldies were so old and their lungs weren't so broken as to matter. Who knows.....

Has anybody on TV heard oirony?