Looks like KTM are coming back to Thailand

properperson

Using Google Translate:

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=th&u=https://www.motorival.com/ktm-thailand-distributor-vroom-2020/&prev=search

And what a great time to be importing KTM to Thailand with the new Duke 500 / adventure / super moto out later this year !

What a stonking bike that's going to be !

Yeeee haaaaa .....

83645993_164523128151271_4270046620143321088_n.jpg

Yay, so this means you'll be selling your 390 soon? ????

Hope KTM improve their after sale support this time. 

I see that they will also distribute Bajaj here, that India brand has some really budget-friendly medium-sized bikes (300-600c). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Yes good new and interesting about that 500 adventure bike from India. Made in India is good news for us living in Thailand, fair prices.

Have you tried the 390? It has already a lot of power, about 45HP.

Obviously 500cc means more power but the question is do you need that extra power.

2 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Off-course you need power, power is fun.

My current big bike got around 115 which is about adequate.

In principle I understand the power concept and I know power is fun.

But power is also often expensive and more power is more expensive. So sometimes we ask ourselves: Do I need power or POWER?

Personally I like to have a light and nimble bike which has enough power. More power would mean bigger brakes, more weight, etc. and at least in my case I am happy without more power. It happens seldom that I ride my bike with WOT - but maybe I am just getting old. ???? 

• Like 2

Who the hell needs 100 and more horsepower on dirt roads? And who, except an enduro pro can handle a 250kg monster that provides this power?

I have always a good laugh when I'm on european gravel roads and see those scared "elite"-riders on their GS1250s or Super Adventures with Gopros on their helemets and full pants.

Don't get me wrong. On tar streets you never have too much power. But offroad the only thing that really counts is the weight.

48 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In principle I understand the power concept and I know power is fun.

But power is also often expensive and more power is more expensive. So sometimes we ask ourselves: Do I need power or POWER?

Personally I like to have a light and nimble bike which has enough power. More power would mean bigger brakes, more weight, etc. and at least in my case I am happy without more power. It happens seldom that I ride my bike with WOT - but maybe I am just getting old. ???? 

I hear you.

I heard a lot of good things about the 390, funny, nippy, if I lived somewhere with a lot of mountains I would be tempted. 

Yes one have to be careful and not getting HP addicted, I just need 20 more and then next year another 20 and you ending up with 200. I doubt I will ever get anything with more HP than I have now, also not getting any younger, not a super good rider either and lets face it: speed kills. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

Who the hell needs 100 and more horsepower on dirt roads? And who, except an enduro pro can handle a 250kg monster that provides this power?

I have always a good laugh when I'm on european gravel roads and see those scared "elite"-riders on their GS1250s or Super Adventures with Gopros on their helemets and full pants.

Don't get me wrong. On tar streets you never have too much power. But offroad the only thing that really counts is the weight.

We were drifting off topic, my current bike is a pure road bike.

Yes agree about the weight of an off-road bike, the lower the better.

But you don't really need an off-road capable bike for touring around Thailand, the roads are pretty good but okay some like to ride off the beaten track, then some off-road capabilities are handy but it will always be a compromise; HP/weight.   

That new KTM coming might be a good bet for such a bike, lets hope so.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, guzzi850m2 said:

But you don't really need an off-road capable bike for touring around Thailand, the roads are pretty good but okay some like to ride off the beaten track, then some off-road capabilities are handy but it will always be a compromise; HP/weight.   

That new KTM coming might be a good bet for such a bike, lets hope so.

Agree.

I like KTM and drive a Superduke GT in Europe. Would be fun to have a smaller one in Thailand. Hopefully they install a good service net here. Even in Germany I'm not very happy with their serice.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

A long time ago I read an article about beginners, amateurs and professionals riding motocross with 125cc, 250cc and 500cc two-stoke bikes.

Only the professionals were faster on the 500cc bikes. All the others were fastest on the little 125cc.

But to be fair, those 125cc two-stoke bikes have a lot of power.