This ones for the married guys, are you still happily married ?

4MyEgo

2 hours ago, Davo369 said:

I was happily married for six months, then the next six months was a complete nightmare. I had to pursue the last six months because i had a £100 bet that i would last a whole year. But that was many years ago in the uk. Now I've meet a wonderful woman in Thailand we get married next month. The only thing what annoys me is when she's giving me a blxw job she makes a he'll of a lot of noise ????

That will be her gag reflex ... lol.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

So you don't believe in free will or personal choices? it's all preordained?

No point in going to school, looking for work, or making any personal efforts in life at all.

That strategy appears to have worked for you?

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Yes, only wish I had found her sooner and didn't have to go through all that <deleted> with the Western women first. 

14 years have passed so fast.

Go Asian you"ll never go back Caucasian ! ????????

I concur, taken my words already, 20 years for me 17 years married.

Hope my youngest son does the same, too late for the older 2 although 1 seems to be OK.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villagefarang said:

I spent two decades as a single guy in the nightlife of Bangkok and I have personally witnessed a vast number of failed attempts at domesticating ladies of the night.  To be fair it is not always entirely the girls fault.  Very few guys possess the required skillset to rehabilitate a dedicated prostitute, even when she is interested in changing.  Combine a clueless guy with a feckless, uncommitted working girl and you have a better chance of winning the lottery.

While I am very happy for the OP, not every guy can find happiness, even in less challenging relationships.  Generalizations can provide helpful guidelines for the uninitiated but in the end each relationship is a unique blend of two individuals.  Some couples succeed and some fail, and it is very hard to know in advance who the winners will be.

Well summed up and pretty much on the money, that said, money in my opinion is the key, it is the only power we guys have, all females want a guy with money or a big schnauzer, or both if they can get it....lol

While my wife I believe is the perfect partner, there is no chance in heaven that I would allow her anywhere near my life savings, that said, she has prospered along the way and has achieved what most Thai's woman with her secondary school couldn't achieve in their lifetime, when I am gone she will get the lot.

The above said, I have seen on two many occasions guys just handing it all over to their loved ones who don't know the first thing about control or investment vs return etc etc and it's not long before its all gone, so best to leave the power to those that know best and if the female is always talking about money, then she's not really interested in the guy, or his schnauzer ????

• Like 2

Only regret is not discovering Thai ladies when I was younger. I wouldn't have wasted 20 years with a western alcoholic, chain-smoking, neurotic, non-bar girl in the dreary UK.

Made it official last year after living for 3 years here in her village. The registrar in the amphur offered me 5 minutes to change my mind before signing, asking 'are you sure?' I was and am still 100% sure. Yes we both miss the bars sometimes but that's what holidays are for, right?

I had almost given up on finding a caring, honest, loyal, funny, thrifty (yes thrifty) partner. Thank you Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My 22 year old Thai step daughter has never had a boyfriend or even kissed a guy, she says, "I don't need a bf, you already pay for everything".

Is it possible that that is what "papa" wants to hear?

Imagine she would tell you how many guys she not only kissed. Are you sure you want to know?

• Thanks 1

I don't think I'll ever understand marriage, but we all have our different perspectives - shaped by our own experiences.

1.  Money.  I'm not supporting another human just to be my friend

2.  The fun part gets old after MONTHS, so see Number 1.  You become friends and then have kids to just to be "important".

3.  Freedom.  I don't want anyone having a say in what I do, and If I say NO too many times I lose my money and have less happiness.

I'm all for lots of friends, lots of fun, get some pets as well, sure go teach kids and smile.....

but marriage?  LOL

it's just not for me

29 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously some girls work to support their family and/or kids. But realistically they could and should make more in one week bar work than in a factory job. So the question is: why do they work the whole month?

Lots of girls spend lots of money on the newest phones, the bike of their boyfriends, party life, drugs, etc. That's obviously up to them if they want to do that. But they still tell that sob story to anybody who wants to hear it.

I suppose they all want the finer things in life too, albeit their boyfriends, husbands, some that own the bar too, and you gotta love a good sob story, been a while since I saw "gone with the wind"

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

1.  Money.  I'm not supporting another human just to be my friend

2.  The fun part gets old after MONTHS, so see Number 1.  You become friends and then have kids to just to be "important".

3.  Freedom.  I don't want anyone having a say in what I do, and If I say NO too many times I lose my money and have less happiness.

1. Me neither, they had duties, and friendship isn't one of them.

2. Not found that, I'm entirely happy banging away with just the one.

3. Freedom's just another word for 'nothing left to lose'.

Edited by BritManToo

31 minutes ago, Pedrogaz said:

Supremely happy.....but I have had to make some adjustments in my way of dealing with things. I was a take control kinda guy, now I just let there get on with things.

Is that a nice way of saying: you do what she tells you to do and maybe sometimes she gives you the impression it's your own will?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sirineou said:

You are a lucky man. 

I have a close relationship with my ex-wife also, We have a daughter together and we are both very active in our Daughters life, and as such we are in constant contact,  see each other on holidays, B-days etc. 

Thai wife feels very threatened by her, and would be happy if I had nothing to do with my ex. She just does not get it that even though we are not married, we can still be friends.  

Anyway, other than that, and a few other things, LOL, Being together 13 years and married 10 years. don't get me wrong. we do have our moments, but I could not imagine a life without my Thai wife. Other than my Daughter, best thing that ever happened to me.

Yeah it can be tough.

My ex's boyfriend had a hard time accepting that I could just be a 'Bestie', sex not included.

But he figured it out. 

So while we will probably never be soul buddies we can hang out without any problems 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Yes, only wish I had found her sooner and didn't have to go through all that <deleted> with the Western women first. 

14 years have passed so fast.

Go Asian you"ll never go back Caucasian ! ????????

"Yes, only wish I had found her sooner and didn't have to go through all that <deleted> with the Western women first" 

The best comment I can find is this one????

• Like 1