TM28 form

On 1/20/2020 at 10:45 PM, Tounge Thaied said:

I don't agree with the "Do nothing" advice. Have your Thai wife sign up on the TM30 website 

I had the son in law do it for my wife 4 weeks ago and not even had an acknowledgement that it has been received and she has already done a TM30 at our local IO office and will probably have to keep doing it that way every 90 days after i go out/back in . 

17 minutes ago, keith101 said:

I had the son in law do it for my wife 4 weeks ago and not even had an acknowledgement that it has been received and she has already done a TM30 at our local IO office and will probably have to keep doing it that way every 90 days after i go out/back in . 

Here is the issue folks... As many of you are aware, the Thai government is cracking down in all areas of immigration. They are dragging out old laws on the books and trying to enforce them now. It's clumsy, and it's going to be clumsy. Everyone reading this needs to get up to speed on this. In regards to the TM30/TM28 issue, they (the various immigration officials and different locations throughout Thailand) have made it clear that you cannot avoid this reporting requirement. I have made some basic recommendations, as just a regular expat like the rest of you, based upon my own attempt to pay attention and personally navigate. The bottom line is... you will need to have completed either the TM30 (yes your landlord or your wife must do it) or the TM28 to show that you are in compliance. The are many reports that the TM6 is going bye, bye and the TM30/28 and TM47 (90 day reporting) are going to be reportable through a smart phone app. Let us all support this app, if successful this will be the best thing since sliced bread. Right!

16 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Phuket immigration rules are not CW rules. Most immigration offices don't want the TM28, just the TM30. 

That's right Max. The sense I have is exactly this. They want you logged into the TM30. However a guy wants to get this done. I suggest you get your landlord or your significant other to sign up on the TM30 website (link below) and log you in every time you travel and don't stay in a hotel. After the sign in process, you can begin even doing the TM30 yourself if you get the log in information from the person that signs up on the site. I just have my wife do it. You cannot get a receipt when you log in each time, so complete a screen shot of each entry. When you go to your local immigration office, for any 90 day reporting (they will likely not ask about TM30) or when it comes time to renew your extension, they should have a record of your log ins on the computer. If not, you will have your screen shots as evidence. The TM28 is supposed to be for when you need to make a permanent address change. But as is clearly pointed out by the immigration news report from Phuket I posted, many are pointing to the TM28 needing to filled out, only if for some reason a TM30 was unable to be completed. 

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

Edited by Tounge Thaied
Adding the TM30 website

35 minutes ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Here is the issue folks... As many of you are aware, the Thai government is cracking down in all areas of immigration. They are dragging out old laws on the books and trying to enforce them now. It's clumsy, and it's going to be clumsy. Everyone reading this needs to get up to speed on this. In regards to the TM30/TM28 issue, they (the various immigration officials and different locations throughout Thailand) have made it clear that you cannot avoid this reporting requirement. I have made some basic recommendations, as just a regular expat like the rest of you, based upon my own attempt to pay attention and personally navigate. The bottom line is... you will need to have completed either the TM30 (yes your landlord or your wife must do it) or the TM28 to show that you are in compliance. The are many reports that the TM6 is going bye, bye and the TM30/28 and TM47 (90 day reporting) are going to be reportable through a smart phone app. Let us all support this app, if successful this will be the best thing since sliced bread. Right!

"you will need to have completed either the TM30 (yes your landlord or your wife must do it) or the TM28 to show that you are in compliance"

Haven't you read any posts about the TM30 and how to do it,and the correct info about the TM28?

"your landlord or your wife must do it"

Have you been in a coma the last 2 years? Where does it say that a landlord or wife "must" do the TM30 report? Please,show me and other posters. You don't even know the official use for the TM28. (Maybe you've read Phuket News). Then you bring up the TM47, a form which is (at most of the immigration offices) used just once when doing the first 90 days report. 

Finally, you ask for an app for reporting online, when apps and websites for the TM30 and the 90 days report already exists. 

• Like 1