2013 Honda click 125i staring problems ... sometimes...

Ryan1234

I just picked up a used 2013 Honda click .. runs ok only thing is the starter barely starts.... brand new battery installed yesterday 

when I try to start the bike the starter barely turns and is really quiet.... It feels like it’s struggling to start ... once it starts everything is all good for the most part

any ideas what could be the problem? 
Every other bike I owned in the past the starter is loud enough to hear and you can actually feel it trying to start

is the starter old and just need replacing? If so about what price am I looking at? 

as always thanks in advance 

13 hours ago, Ryan1234 said:

is the starter old and just need replacing? If so about what price am I looking at? 

As said the scoot starting is an integrated system and just for starters excuse the pun.

1. Picked up from where.?

2. How does it act went kick starting it. ?

3. Has the oil level been checked. ?

4. You stated "sometimes" !! When it starts first time on the starter switch, how does it act the same starting it again after a run.?

5. I assume the new battery as you say new has been checked.?

6. Electrical contacts and connections have been checked & cleaned up at battery terminals.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply’s to answer the the questions 

1. got the bike from a friend that left thailand (next to nothing so I can’t complain and the bike is honestly in pretty good condition)

2. Never kick started it ... I turn the key on and off and hold the start button and struggle to turn on. but will try tomorrow.

3. Just changed engine oil and final drive oil when I put the new battery in the other day

4. Starting the first time of the day is weakest... after driving around and everything all warmed up starts alittle easier

5. Battery is brand new out the box I haven’t checked the voltage yet 

6. battery terminals are very clean and connected well ... I just rechecked today

i drove another click same year today and when I started that bike the starter felt stronger... and that bike started right away

my start button feed alittle worn ... could that possibly be the problem?

thanks again everyone 

Yeah I think that might be the problem yesterday I push and hold the starter button and it turns on .... sometimes got to push and hold 2-3 times and it starts up ... I’ll try to open it up today or tomorrow.... thanks again for the tip

On 1/23/2020 at 5:11 PM, Ryan1234 said:

When you cleaned everything how did you do it? Unplug everything and go crazy with some brake clean? 

Sandpaper ...disconnected in and out line to relay sanded it to shiny with paper and then sprayed wd40.