Air Force to support govt in tackling PM2.5 dust particles

webfact

Air Force to support govt in tackling PM2.5 dust particles

By The Nation

800_f539903b7d78061.png?v=1579529329

Air Marshal Pongsak Semachai, Deputy Chief of the Air Staff

Air Force commander-in-chief Air Chief Marshal Maanat Wongwat has ordered officers to check the condition of all vehicles under the supervision of the Directorate of Transportation, urging them to stop using vehicles which give out exhaust fumes or contribute to a high level of PM2.5 dust particles, Deputy Chief of the Air Staff Air Marshal Pongsak Semachai, acting as an Air Force spokesman, said on Monday (January 20).

“The Air Force commander-in-chief has also set measures to reduce the environmental impact by ordering all officers who use aircraft to report if they come across a forest fire or smoke, so we can cooperate with related authorities to solve the problem immediately,” he said.

Pongsak said Maanat ordered all officers to "support Agriculture and Cooperatives Ministry efforts to make royal rain or spray water".

“The Air Force will conduct test flights by using BT-67 and C-130 aircraft equipped with water containers by the end of this month to tackle forest fires, which often occur during the drought season,” Pongsak said.

He added that Manaat ordered the officers to study applying technology to help solve the problem and support the government in the long term.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380842

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-21
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Could they not just fly their planes around to blow the dust particles out to sea ?

Funny, I was expecting to read about giant flying vacuum cleaners. They got me wrong this time; should have known that airmen tend to be of a higher standard.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Why not set up a "hot line" for anyone to report burning so that it can be investigated immediately, the message can be relayed to the nearest fire services to go and extinguish the fire and charge the culprit for the costs involved!

With a serious fine

Yes  in a  cunning  new  scheme all  jet engines  will be replaced with   rubber band  powered props,  double  bonus,  alleviating the  low  price  of  rubber at the same  time and  helping "poor  farmers"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Why not set up a "hot line" for anyone to report burning so that it can be investigated immediately, the message can be relayed to the nearest fire services to go and extinguish the fire and charge the culprit for the costs involved!

They  could  convert the "grass a  farang"  hotline number  and use  that instead

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Why falang thinking too mutch? Give me headache all this thinking!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The problem is not only with the government but also with the people who are too proud of owning a car. They should encourage those people to use public transportation. But most people complain about the pm2.5 while sitting in their car. But when you confront them, they be like i dOnT waNt tO gIvE uP mY cAR, whY dOnt yOu dO iT? 

I don't get the point of standing with your car in traffic jam right under the BTS. Why not just take the BTS?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

The problem is not only with the government but also with the people who are too proud of owning a car. They should encourage those people to use public transportation. But most people complain about the pm2.5 while sitting in their car. But when you confront them, they be like i dOnT waNt tO gIvE uP mY cAR, whY dOnt yOu dO iT? 

I don't get the point of standing with your car in traffic jam right under the BTS. Why not just take the BTS?

Only a small percentage of the Bangkok residents live near a BTS line. Bangkok's public transportation network is very inefficient, and used only by those who have no choice. 

• Like 1