BANGKOK
webfact

Air Force to support govt in tackling PM2.5 dust particles

Great idea. Let's send up lots of polluting airplanes to spot fires that are causing pollution.

Only in Thailand. . . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pravda said:

In my professional opinion they should use submarines for this task

Don't give them any ideas

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Why not set up a "hot line" for anyone to report burning so that it can be investigated immediately, the message can be relayed to the nearest fire services to go and extinguish the fire and charge the culprit for the costs involved!

With a serious fine

3 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Use air force tankers, cargo aircraft & helicopters to put out the illegal agricultural waste fires.

Apparently, they're only interested in "forest fires" -- not the agricultural kind....  :hit-the-fan:

Ah, did they take up on my advice on carpet bombing the villages near the burning fields?

• Haha 1

Yes  in a  cunning  new  scheme all  jet engines  will be replaced with   rubber band  powered props,  double  bonus,  alleviating the  low  price  of  rubber at the same  time and  helping "poor  farmers"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Why not set up a "hot line" for anyone to report burning so that it can be investigated immediately, the message can be relayed to the nearest fire services to go and extinguish the fire and charge the culprit for the costs involved!

They  could  convert the "grass a  farang"  hotline number  and use  that instead

13 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Could they not just fly their planes around to blow the dust particles out to sea ?

680336222_fuckingmoron.jpg.5b0353eb998119aa73b76acae3e59231.jpg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Don Mega said:

Could they not just fly their planes around to blow the dust particles out to sea ?

680336222_fuckingmoron.jpg.5b0353eb998119aa73b76acae3e59231.jpg

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Why falang thinking too mutch? Give me headache all this thinking!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Please make this insanity STOP....

The problem is not only with the government but also with the people who are too proud of owning a car. They should encourage those people to use public transportation. But most people complain about the pm2.5 while sitting in their car. But when you confront them, they be like i dOnT waNt tO gIvE uP mY cAR, whY dOnt yOu dO iT? 

I don't get the point of standing with your car in traffic jam right under the BTS. Why not just take the BTS?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

The problem is not only with the government but also with the people who are too proud of owning a car. They should encourage those people to use public transportation. But most people complain about the pm2.5 while sitting in their car. But when you confront them, they be like i dOnT waNt tO gIvE uP mY cAR, whY dOnt yOu dO iT? 

I don't get the point of standing with your car in traffic jam right under the BTS. Why not just take the BTS?

Only a small percentage of the Bangkok residents live near a BTS line. Bangkok's public transportation network is very inefficient, and used only by those who have no choice. 

• Like 1