As virus spreads to more Chinese cities, WHO calls emergency meeting

webfact

1 hour ago, thisisrascal said:

Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. 

This situation is far worse than the official lines coming out of the CCP which is far more interested in saving face. 

With the WHO on top of it, and information from reputable sources saying 'human to hum contraction is possible but not really easy', I disagree with you.

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

With the WHO on top of it, and information from reputable sources saying 'human to hum contraction is possible but not really easy', I disagree with you.

My opinion is based on the CCP's reaction to previous natural disasters which has been focused on 'The Mandate of Heaven' doctrine. 

I've read in The Guardian that the WHO will be meeting again today as they want further information. Hopefully their decision to step-back from declaring it an 'international concern' as they did yesterday still holds but I am sceptical. 

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Breaking: Flight #CSN3785 from #KWE expected to land in Wuhan just flew past without landing, still in flight to who knows where. No announcement from WHO.

WHO is a bureaucracy, they are on top in the sense they are the last to know. Knowledge travels up. But they have global responsibility to make correct decisions. Usually, not always, you can get the slowest but accurate information from WHO.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1