Schools in areas with unsafe air quality allowed to close for up to seven days

webfact

Schools in areas with unsafe air quality allowed to close for up to seven days

By THE NATION

800_6dc5029d6ef0ab5.jpg?v=1579568965

Schools located in areas with high air pollution caused by particulate matter not more than 2.5 microns in diameter (PM2.5) are allowed to close temporarily for seven days, Amnat Wichayanuwat, secretary-general at the Office of Basic Education Commission (Obec), said on Monday (January 20).

“I have ordered the Student Protection Centre, an affiliate of Obec, to coordinate with regional education offices and schools in risky areas to monitor the PM2.5 situation closely, especially in Bangkok and its perimeter,” he said. “If the air quality in these areas dips below the recommended standard, the schools should reduce or halt outdoor activities for students, or consider closing entirely until the situation improves.”

Amnat, however, said schools should not close for more than seven days so that students’ learning is not disrupted, especially now that the ONET [Ordinary National Education Test] and the final exams of the second semester are coming close.

“Schools may consider opening on weekends, if necessary, to make up classes missed due to any closure,” he added.

“Furthermore, Obec has given surgical masks to all students in schools in risky areas for free, and also ordered schools to follow regulations to reduce PM2.5 problems in educational institutions as stated by the Ministry of Education since last year,” the Obec chief said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30380863

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-01-21

Is this in Bkk only? I really dont want my kid in school but because we have to travel all the time if he is absent too much he would be forced to stay down. The pm2.5 is much worse in kanchanaburi than bkk but the teachers are so ignorant and know only the lies the media and their friends say.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, webfact said:

Schools located in areas with high air pollution caused by particulate matter not more than 2.5 microns in diameter (PM2.5) are allowed to close temporarily for seven days,

So the kids can travel around to areas with less air pollution or what?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, unamazedloso said:

Is this in Bkk only? I really dont want my kid in school but because we have to travel all the time if he is absent too much he would be forced to stay down. The pm2.5 is much worse in kanchanaburi than bkk but the teachers are so ignorant and know only the lies the media and their friends say.

Kanchanaburi 173 now.

very unhealthy 

9C3784D3-F5DF-4763-9E47-E9D1AC0256BB.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

No, what? What's your point in informing us that the south is clean? 

Unamazedloso talk about pollution give you front local brain problem.

He worry about his kid. Will be idiot.

so I suggest go to south. School is open in Ranong today. No problem.

Hope you ok. Maybe to late.

Edited by Yinn
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Ah, just pack up your job and family and move. Why didn't anyone else think of that?

It is the obvious solution though. Not just to south, but out of Asia. It isn't going to get any better.

aqi.PNG.60bc15af122160e054e368687cab95ea.PNG

No need to shoot the messenger.

• Like 2

Do you need more proof that we are in the land of smiles? Per fortuna che ha le orecchie...????
This seems the only thing they can do, send schoolchildren home (they don't learn anything at school), but they don't do anything to improve the situation!
In Europe all factories with a strong emission are closed!

Edited by 30la
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Yinn said:

Unamazedloso talk about pollution give you front local brain problem.

He worry about his kid. Will be idiot.

so I suggest go to south. School is open in Ranong today. No problem.

Hope you ok. Maybe to 

'He worry about his kid. Will be idiot'.

I reckon that position has been over subscribed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Ah, just pack up your job and family and move. Why didn't anyone else think of that?

To have the logic of a child.

I talk to unamazedloso. He not have a job. Travel a lot.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

That's the way , make your children less intelligent because you wont address the issue

They like to complain. 

Can live in clean place. Or pollution place with brain problem and close school. 

Why they move to pollution place? Then complain?

2pm in Ranong. Fresh air. School open. 

39BD89DC-49A7-494F-AA3A-62768A964212.jpeg

• Confused 1