Schools in areas with unsafe air quality allowed to close for up to seven days

webfact

11 hours ago, Yinn said:

You clever to live in pollution.

up to you.

Instead of silly answers here on Thai Visa, why not use your power as POTY to lobby YOUR government and try to do something about the pollution, road deaths prevalent in your lovely country.

15 hours ago, Yinn said:

(Ps. I answer you about beach clean up already but it was off topic) 

Yes I did read that before it was unceremoniously removed..glad to hear you have stopped burning those 

( very toxic ) styrofoam boxes and rubber shoes..

its unfortunate that  the local government of your very clean province

doesn't have the proper disposal facilities and employees available to go round collecting the rubbish for disposal in a more "environmentally friendly" way.

21 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

That's the way , make your children less intelligent because you wont address the issue

Do not confuse intelligence with education;
anyway considering the very little they learn at the primary school in Thailand;
whether to go there or not there will be no difference.

20 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Boy these guys are idiots.

in any case, they learned absolutely nothing when they were at school;
certainly the fault of their teachers ...:whistling:

A few years ago they also had the wacky idea of wanting to build a wall along the banks of the Chao Praya to prevent it from overflowing.
except that water when it wants to pass, it passes;
and if it can't go over it, it goes below ...:cheesy:

4 hours ago, DLock said:

Because Thailand is built on an attitude of "mai pen rai" and dealing with the consequences, rather that fixing the problem.

I've used a practical translation of maibpenrai instead of the literal one for some time with great success. That translation goes: "I don't give a flying ****". Try it, every time a Thai mutters maibpenrai, you'll find the true meaning matches perfectly.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Yinn said:

You clever to live in pollution.

up to you.

This, and most of Yinn's answers sound like it is an English speaker trying to sound like a thick Thai person. Anyone reading and answering questions would, in my opinion, use better English than this person. POTY??? 

12 minutes ago, stouricks said:

POTY??? 

It's yet another subtle clue from the universe telling you you should leave Thailand and not look back. First they tried telling us "if you don't like it, go home", then they pumped up the baht so we couldn't afford it, when that didn't work they are now trying to smoke us out but still some don't get it's time to get out of dodge. Having a messenger right here on TVF should do it. Maybe.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

in any case, they learned absolutely nothing when they were at school;
certainly the fault of their teachers ...:whistling:

A few years ago they also had the wacky idea of wanting to build a wall along the banks of the Chao Praya to prevent it from overflowing.
except that water when it wants to pass, it passes;
and if it can't go over it, it goes below ...:cheesy:

Rather selective quotation of my post for your own opinion don't you think?

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Rather selective quotation of my post for your own opinion don't you think?

Which post and where ?

I don't need to quote you about non-education in Thailand ..

I'm living here since enough time to know that primary schools in Thailand are kinder garden 

On 1/21/2020 at 8:32 AM, unamazedloso said:

Is this in Bkk only? I really dont want my kid in school but because we have to travel all the time if he is absent too much he would be forced to stay down. The pm2.5 is much worse in kanchanaburi than bkk but the teachers are so ignorant and know only the lies the media and their friends say.

Teachers ignorant? "The pm2.5 is much worse..." here then there. 

It's a measurement.

8 hours ago, stouricks said:

This, and most of Yinn's answers sound like it is an English speaker trying to sound like a thick Thai person. Anyone reading and answering questions would, in my opinion, use better English than this person. POTY??? 

Please

Don’t complain about my English if you can’t speak Thai.

Love you.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, johng said:

Yes I did read that before it was unceremoniously removed..glad to hear you have stopped burning those 

( very toxic ) styrofoam boxes and rubber shoes..

its unfortunate that  the local government of your very clean province

doesn't have the proper disposal facilities and employees available to go round collecting the rubbish for disposal in a more "environmentally friendly" way.

Yes agree.

the problem is...

the beach is not busy place like tourism area. Nobody there, sometimes fisherman. Not many. Many kilometer, no people.

And the rubbish from Indian Ocean. Come everyday. 

Rubbish from Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Burma a lot. Also Australia a little and other country.

big problem. 

I can not do it all. But, I think every net, rope, plastic I collect, will be one animal not have problem. 

583FBCF4-58E7-492E-812C-F3BF565C4969.jpeg

4CB6403C-EA81-405D-AF35-3B4E25449D26.jpeg

• Like 1

Local government schools have been ordered to reopen today (Thursday). Meanwhile some international schools are closing for either 1 or 2 days from today and claiming it is by direction of the Ministry of Education. Shrewsbury international is one school with a notification of closure posted on the front page of its website.

Chaos and lack of real leadership in all sectors of government as per usual.

8 hours ago, Sunderland said:

Local government schools have been ordered to reopen today (Thursday). Meanwhile some international schools are closing for either 1 or 2 days from today and claiming it is by direction of the Ministry of Education. Shrewsbury international is one school with a notification of closure posted on the front page of its website.

Chaos and lack of real leadership in all sectors of government as per usual.

It is bizarre. We received an email last night from our head (international school in central Bangkok) saying he had just been told we will close by the MoE and ISAT. It was at 9:40PM. 

Yet this morning, Thai schools are reopening. They literally have no idea what they're doing. 

• Thanks 1

The same guy who came up with this?

The Education Ministry has decided to introduce more English language classes in state schools across the country, it announced after a meeting on Monday.

(Article in an English newspaper from December, 3rd, 2019.)

The special English classes will help Thai students achieve at least B2 (upper intermediate) Level under CEFR, Amnat Wichayanuwat, secretary-general of Office of the Basic Education Commission told the media afterwards.

Most Thai English teachers had to do this CEFR test and failed miserably. A weekend seminar, conducted by a foreign teacher, then gave them the passing score. 

I had teachers who scored A 1, A2, and only a few had B1, or B 2.

A handful scored C 1, but I haven't yet met one who had mastered the "mastery level" of C 2. 

I don't believe one word this guy is saying. 

stop the lies.jpg

Edited by Isaanbiker
Stop the lies and educate them properly!!!

On 1/23/2020 at 8:58 AM, BobbyL said:

It is bizarre. We received an email last night from our head (international school in central Bangkok) saying he had just been told we will close by the MoE and ISAT. It was at 9:40PM. 

Yet this morning, Thai schools are reopening. They literally have no idea what they're doing. 

TIT !!!