traffic issues Monday

wordchild

there seemed to be some major jams around Bangkok during yesterday's evening rush hour. i was stuck for close to one hour without moving on Sukhumvit/Asoke jctn. Not had an experience as bad as that for a couple of years.

Speaking to work colleagues this morning the problems seemed to be widespread around Central Bangkok, anybody know what was going on? 

Monday/Wednesday and Fridays are the worst in Bangkok for inbound traffic. I find Tue and Thursday very pleasant. Surely the rain does not help and with the massive road construction going on at the Bridge near Klongtoy things are packing in

There was a bit of rain Monday morning to the East/South of the city. In the morning, everyone got in their cars. It was bad coming in down the Bangna Trat Highway, what normally takes 20 minutes took over an hour.

I usually found that a massive traffic jam around Asoke indicated that someone important was moving about the roads.  Last year, it took over an hour and a half to move a car 300 meters from T21 to Soi 16. 

The giveaway was when they weren't allowing people on the pedestrian crossovers.  I'll let someone else explain that, because I don't want to get banned.

• Like 1