Pattaya: Friendly lady boys make off with Israeli pair's cash

webfact

Pattaya: Friendly lady boys make off with Israeli pair's cash

1pm.jpg

Picture; Ruk Siam News

Pattaya police were called to the area by the A One Hotel on Soi 2 at 2 am today after two Israeli gentlemen reported being victims of pickpocketing activity. 

Ahmad M. , 21, and Mojaheo KS., 32, were traversing the lane when two lady boys on a red Honda Skoopy stopped to say a cheery hello and suggest a romantic liaison. 

But both Israelis steadfastly rejected the lady boys' amorous advances and invitations to engage in sexual activity in their room. 

However, after they had departed swiftly on their motorcycle the tourists checked their pockets and found more than two thousand baht had been lifted from each of them. 

They sought the assistance of a hotel security guard who alerted the constabulary. He said he had been unable to note the licence plate number of the getaway vehicle.

Police were soon on the scene and hope that the study of CCTV in the immediate vicinity and their subsequent route of egress will yield progress in the inquiry.

Source: Ruk Siam News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-21
  • Haha 2

In Europe, these are 7/8 year old ROMS kids who make your pockets, as well as 13/14 year old kids. And nobody has seen or felt anything.
So it's not much better, but annoying and perhaps dramatic, for those who are relieved of their money or papers.

• Like 1

and Pattaya reputation as a safe/family friendly place down the pipes again.... last year a similar post here about ladyboys stealing from 2 guys also from the middle east... it could be a coincidence or they could be the same ladyboys

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

and Pattaya reputation as a safe/family friendly place down the pipes again.... last year a similar post here about ladyboys stealing from 2 guys also from the middle east... it could be a coincidence or they could be the same ladyboys

Must be time for an 'honest cabby' story.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Saltire said:

I got pickpocketed by a large African lady on Khosan Road a few years ago. Two working together one laughingly grabbed me by the knackers while the the other one dipped my cash from my pocket. The 5 seconds or so of realisation of what just happened was enough for them to dissapear into the crowd. Very professional and practiced.

It was on a stag weekend with 4 friends and I was the only one with any money left at this late hour, until it got knicked (3000 Baht)! Whip round for a taxi (who took all 5 of us!) back the the hotel, ATM visit, card back to the room - off to Soi Nana.

I wonder why these guys even bothered with the police for 2000 Baht?

Needless to say I will never return to Khosan Road.

Ok, how much should you allow to be picked before reporting it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Penicillin said:

imo under 5000 bahts, only in cash, doesn't worth to bother

particularly if you wasn't attentive and careful with your wallet.

It's the price for the ''lesson''.

If there is more than the money involved (ID card, ATM card, telephone, condo keys and so on) it's another story, 

If you earn only 10000\month, it's also another story because it's half of your living.

But i am talking for an average foreigner on holiday or expat here.

(Of course the ones on holiday are much ''at risk'' because they are not aware

of all the risks plus most of them are less attentives and more relaxed on the

security sides

Edited by kingofthemountain

lesson learnt guys ....  always stand clear of a lady boy, they are professionals at pick pocketing.

If they go with you to your room.... keep an eye on them and lock all valuables in a safe. Then you can do what you want without getting items stolen.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

lesson learnt guys ....  always stand clear of a lady boy, they are professionals at pick pocketing.

If they go with you to your room.... keep an eye on them and lock all valuables in a safe. Then you can do what you want without getting items stolen.

Your good advice works for all the ''guests'' in your room

not specifically only for the LB, some girls can be thieves also.

Anyway be careful but don't be paranoiac, the real thieves are rare

in Thailand, it's more an opportunity or a temptation that makes them act.

I should be lucky in 20 years here and hundred of ''guests'' girls and lb

i have never been stolen

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mavideol said:

Do 2 ladyboys on a bike offering sexual services at 2am stop families wandering down dark side sois too? 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

When going to Pattaya, always bring a Ladyboy repelling stick.

dog.jpg

I need of them things cause now the tourist inflow has slowed I’ve suddenly become Hamsun mak mak man n I need something more effective to repel all the ladies of the night who oersted n grope me lol ???? 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Penicillin said:

I never carry much cash when going out anywhere, and not just in Thailand. I leave my wallet, cards etc at home or in the safe. I would never therefore bother reporting, as in general I typically start the night with about 5k on me. It's not exactly a weekly occurence getting your pocket picked.

This was a stag weekend so at the start of the night probably had about 10k but that is very rare.

I'd be more inclined to report theft of wallet, cards, passport etc.