Pattaya: Friendly lady boys make off with Israeli pair's cash

webfact

A group of 2 or 3 get on the baht bus, one sits opposite, one next to you with a large bag on her lap. Possibly she makes a fuss getting people to move to get in position. Heads up.....

I once got in a right argument for pointing out the danger to a fellow passenger, shouted at by the group as they got off the baht bus, without paying!

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

I had 4000 picked on a baht bus and didn't report it. What's the point? They couldn't catch the thief and it just wastes hours of my time. I viewed it as a valuable lesson to be more careful in future. It could have been worse.

I agree with you that it would be a waste of time but if you get documents stolen it's often required to have a police report on record (depending on the type of document and policy of the organization it's related to). 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Saltire said:

I got pickpocketed by a large African lady on Khosan Road a few years ago. Two working together one laughingly grabbed me by the knackers while the the other one dipped my cash from my pocket. The 5 seconds or so of realisation of what just happened was enough for them to dissapear into the crowd. Very professional and practiced.

It was on a stag weekend with 4 friends and I was the only one with any money left at this late hour, until it got knicked (3000 Baht)! Whip round for a taxi (who took all 5 of us!) back the the hotel, ATM visit, card back to the room - off to Soi Nana.

I wonder why these guys even bothered with the police for 2000 Baht?

Needless to say I will never return to Khosan Road.

It happened to me exactly same spot 5 yrs ago around midnight ,they start by rubbing around groin area slowly working your money out of your pocket got me for 1,000 baht was worth lot more then as well,they know where the security cameras are and will try to get you to move past A one hotel in Soi 2, he - she were also on a red scooter took off as fast as it could