Setting up a hydroponic greenhouse

stament

Morning all,

I've had a look at some of the hydroponic threads on here but they all seem to be too advanced for me lol.

I know nothing about this topic and am keen to learn the basics and how to set up the greenhouse with all the kit, etc. Is there a basic thread somewhere where I can start? Also be useful if I can see where to buy the kit from and approximately how much it costs. I read I would need a generator which certainly surprised me, clearly my lack of knowledge is shown.

Thanks in advance. I'm located in Lamphun. Be interested to see anyone's set-up if they live nearby.

• Like 1

Lettuce in a deep water raft setup will be your best bet now that the hot weather will be coming soon. This would be a good setup to start with to get some experience - http://www.higreenshop.com/product/18/ชุดปลูกพืช-hw-100. An ec/tds meter to measure nutrient levels and a ph meter are also must haves. Yeah grow some marijuana and have a long stay in thailands best accommodations.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...
16 hours ago, stament said:

What are people growing successfully?

Take a look at the farming videos YouTuber "lifeinthailand" uploads on his channel. Paul has a small home garden and raises poultry but is also curious about what the local Thai farm entrepreneurs are get into, like starting hydroponic farms. Might help you find what people here are growing using the method.  

Hydroponic farm on the side of a mountain, farming unfarmable land in Phetchabun Thailand.
990 views•Mar 19, 2020

Hydroponics in the mountains, Gutter rail system growing tons of beautiful lettuce.
2,087 views•Feb 20, 2020

• Thanks 1

On 6/8/2020 at 5:02 PM, RichCor said:

Take a look at the farming videos YouTuber "lifeinthailand" uploads on his channel. Paul has a small home garden and raises poultry but is also curious about what the local Thai farm entrepreneurs are get into, like starting hydroponic farms. Might help you find what people here are growing using the method.  

Hydroponic farm on the side of a mountain, farming unfarmable land in Phetchabun Thailand.
990 views•Mar 19, 2020

Hydroponics in the mountains, Gutter rail system growing tons of beautiful lettuce.
2,087 views•Feb 20, 2020

Well if someone is growing tonnes of beautiful lettuce they aren't selling it to Makro.  The other day they had organic lettuce not much bigger than my fist and they are asking 85 baht! Didn't look as fresh as I  would like anyway. ????