Man held after hundred of bones found in pond as murder case grips Thailand

webfact

Man held after hundred of bones found in pond as murder case grips Thailand

2pm.jpg

The case of Apichai "Ice" Ongwisit continues to dominate the Thai media as police enter their third week of investigations. Several missing persons' cases are being followed up.

A young woman who was left overnight in a metal casket has already been found buried in grounds behind his address in Petchkasem 47 in Thonburi west of Bangkok.

Some 200 body parts - weighed down by objects like rocks and a hefty iron door - have been found in a pond. These are thought to belong to at least three more people. 

Police have found stashes of methamphetamine at his address.

Ice is the wealthy son of a market owner who himself did prison time for murdering a little girl who annoyed him by tapping on his prized fish tank. The body parts were scattered over the Bang Khae area. 

He was murdered on release. Ice's mother fled to the USA. 

Naew Na reported on Nation TV's "No Censor" program in which presenter Dr Seri Wongmontha interviewed Rangsit University criminologist Dr Krisapong Phuttrakun and a social rights lawyer.

Dr Krisapong commented that Ice had possibly learnt bad behavior from his father but said that there was no definitive evidence that "killer DNA" could be passed on. 

He suggested that Ice would have needed help to conceal the bodies. He would probably face the death penalty but whether the accomplices would is another matter. 

They could just face years for concealing a corpse. 

Drug induced paranoia was part of the case, he said. 

He said that killing had become just a normal thing to do for Ice. 

Though the words "serial killer" were not used the case fits many of the criteria for such a designation, notes Thai visa. 

Dr Krisapong said that sadism and torture were clearly part of this case. It has been reported that screams were heard from the victim after she was put in the casket. 

Ice claimed she died from suffocation and that it was an accident but what normal person would put someone in a metal box and not expect them to come to harm, he said rhetorically. 

Ice is reportedly being held on drug related charges while the full extent of the investigation unfolds.

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-21
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

He most obviously displays some sort of mental imbalance, however I am hardly sympathetic and I suspect few others will be either, despite your belief you are unique.

Why am I unique?

3 hours ago, neeray said:

Sick scum.

Note: I fully expect to hear from some sympathizers about how he may have mental disease (probably brought on by his use of meth). Bring it on. Hit the sad emoji. I don't care.

And this really qualifies him as "sick scum", "A young woman who was left overnight in a metal casket has already been found buried in grounds behind his address in Petchkasem 47 in Thonburi west of Bangkok."

Ok how about just shoot the <deleted>

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

There are probably as many serial killers per capita in Thailand as there are in other countries.... I'm not shocked by the depravity of human beings. 

The depth to which some humans ca, and do, sink seldom shocks me any more. 

Sometimes I wish I could go back in time to when I was much more innocent. 

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

British news publication The Sun comparing the alleged killer with notorious US serial killer Ted Bundy.

Could have also included these British Serial Killers"-

Peter Sutcliffe (The Yorkshire Ripper), Fred West, Harold Shipman (Doctor Death) and Dennis Nilssen.

6 hours ago, metempsychotic said:

You are not, I thought that was clear. 

After I read your words about 10 more times, I got your meaning. I tried to delete to "question" but things wouldn't cooperate. Ok gotcha.

8 hours ago, ChipButty said:

British news publication The Sun comparing the alleged killer with notorious US serial killer Ted Bundy.

Methinks Apichai is unlikely to mount his own defence in court.

Likening him to Bundy is absurd along with with a large amount of other palpable nonsense in The Sun.

Rooster

18 hours ago, Cabradelmar said:

There are probably as many serial killers per capita in Thailand as there are in other countries.... I'm not shocked by the depravity of human beings. 

To my great sorrow I agree with you, we are a foul species 

The human skeleton is the internal framework of the human body. It is composed of around 270 bones at birth – this total decreases to around 206 bones by adulthood after some bones get fused together. The bone mass in the skeleton reaches maximum density around age 21