Chinaman gets stung by the "smart car" after operating illegal bee business!

webfact

Chinaman gets stung by the "smart car" after operating illegal bee business!

4pm1.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported that Phetchabun immigration's "wonderful" BMW "smart car" had resulted in the arrest of a Chinese man running an illegal honey making business and three Thais for not reporting foreigners at their addresses. 

They said all this was done in one single day!

4pm.jpg

The media said that Division 5 officers of the Immigration Bureau teamed up with labor department officials. It was all part of keeping Thais, foreigners and tourists safe in the lead up to Chinese New Year.

The IB were in the BMW that was fitted with state of the art technology consisting of a tablet and a notebook. 

474897.jpg

Not just that, this smart car was linked to the IB database with all its information regarding the entry of foreigners into the kingdom, reasons for stay and the like. 

First port of call was Wang Pong sub-district where they found Liu Haifeng, 39.

Lui had told immigration when he entered Thailand originally that he was studying. Then he changed his reason for being in Thailand as practicing dharma. 

474900.jpg

In reality he was practicing the art of beekeeping. He was supplying honey to a factory in Chonburi. 

He was pictured pointing at his hives and booked with working without a work permit. 

Also fined were three Thais who had failed to report foreigners staying at their addresses within the stipulated 24 hour period. 

474891.jpg

Naew Na said that you could be fined 2,000 to 10,000 baht for this. (The higher rate of fine is usually reserved for hotels, notes Thaivisa).

They encouraged people to continue phoning 1178 to report infractions. 

Naew Na referred to the smart car as "jeng" (wonderful) in their headline.

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-01-21
  • Sad 2

This type of small business benefits Thailand's nature and I am sure Thais will learn this art and be able to run this type of business as well if they worked with him for some time.

On a side note, I think some people find the word 'Chinaman' offensive. Not sure exactly why other than it has something to do with the past colonial influence?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

This type of small business benefits Thailand's nature and I am sure Thais will learn this art and be able to run this type of business as well if they worked with him for some time.

On a side note, I think some people find the word 'Chinaman' offensive. Not sure exactly why other than it has something to do with the past colonial influence?

I'm Chinese American,  Yes it could be offensive here in Thailand I turn my head ( more on my list of things ) because it is ignorance and racist but of course Thais wouldn't understand or believe it?

• Like 1

Just now, thailand49 said:

I'm Chinese American,  Yes it could be offensive here in Thailand I turn my head ( more on my list of things ) because it is ignorance and racist but of course Thais wouldn't understand or believe it?

This is Thai VISA writing Chinaman in it's headline. So no need to blame it on Thais. This put up by foreigners working there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The IB were in the BMW that was fitted with state of the art technology consisting of a tablet and a notebook. 

Not just that, this smart car was linked to the IB database with all its information regarding the entry of foreigners into the kingdom, reasons for stay and the like. 

Why does BMW get all the credit? This could work in any vehicle.

I get it now, IOs need the elbow room, ... and the prestige from an expensive brand, can't get that from a tuk-tuk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

Same as the Korean man that IO's referred to as Mr Kimchi. They dont care what they say about aliens.

33 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Why does BMW get all the credit? This could work in any vehicle.

I get it now, IOs need the elbow room, ... and the prestige from an expensive brand, can't get that from a tuk-tuk.

BMW is a smart car which compensates for the IO users.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Na naew is classic, one imagines it functions not unlike Pravda or any other state news agency during the heyday of communism.

Anyone with a phone with hotspot and a tablet or laptop has a smart car. 

I was in a smart grab just yesterday and even took a smart train.

4 hours ago, TooBigToFit said:

Thai people know how to keep bees-they teach classes on it

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

So it's not a smart car... just a nice beamer to drive around in and a guy with a tablet/notebook linked to the internet?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, nahkit said:
1 hour ago, VYCM said:

How many of these smart cars were bought?

I thought just the 2 at Jomtien, how many more around the country

I've seen one parked outside Khon Kaen immigration.

5 series BMW's

Showoffs, a Camry would do the same job.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Naew Na reported that Phetchabun immigration's "wonderful" BMW "smart car" had resulted in the arrest of a Chinese man running an illegal honey making business and three Thais for not reporting foreigners at their addresses. 

They said all this was done in one single day!

4pm.jpg

The media said that Division 5 officers of the Immigration Bureau teamed up with labor department officials. It was all part of keeping Thais, foreigners and tourists safe in the lead up to Chinese New Year.

This is purely satiric ... for a comedy , it is good , really good ...

but the chinese guy , let him go , he's not a criminal , there is much worse out there ...

BtW , a few days more and it's the year of the rat ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Maybe it should be Chineseman, like Japaneseman or Taiwanesman. Carefull with Argentinian if talking about an Argentine.

How about “foreigner”? That’s all that matters to immigration,  you’re either Thai or your not. Identifying someone by nationality isn’t relevant.  If they feel the need they could call him a Chinese National or Chinese citizen. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, spermwhale said:

This is Thai VISA writing Chinaman in it's headline. So no need to blame it on Thais. This put up by foreigners working there. 

Your are correct!  I shouldn't be surprise might be wrong again Thaivisa is own if not run by a bunch of Brits, from what I understand from Brits themselves it is a common word being thrown around regularly. 

Reminds me when I first got here Pattaya, there was a Brit who opened on 3rd rd,  a Fish and Chip shop he also opened a Chinese Restaurant next door called "chinky" I love Fish and Chip but passed!

As for Thais, I know Thaivisa is monitored by the Thai government so if you are listening don't fall into the trap of ignorance.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1