Money In the Bank

I will be going to HCMC in a few months to change my current Non O/A visa to an Non O for marriage.  I have currently 800.000 baht in the bank to met my last extension of stay last year.  Can I use that  Bank Account but withdraw about 350,000 baht out of it and have a total of 450.000 to met the money requirement for the Non 0 for marriage.  Or will have to show new incoming money from my stateside bank?

I was under the impression no financial proof is needed for a non o at HCMC. I that still the case as i will be going there for my NON O in the next couple of the months. 

The op is not getting an extension but an actual visa in HCMC is my understanding?

35 minutes ago, VintageTQ said:

I was under the impression no financial proof is needed for a non o at HCMC. I that still the case as i will be going there for my NON O in the next couple of the months. 

The op is not getting an extension but an actual visa in HCMC is my understanding?

I am on an 0/A now with 800,000 in the bank.  My question was can I use that money to season my 0 visa with 450,000 in the account or does it has to be shown as funds coming from overseas.

The info given to you is a little confusing in my opinion and i would like it clarifying also. Its my understanding that no financial proof is need for the actual visa in HCMC but then to get the extension through marriage in Thailand you will have to show 450k in the bank

1 hour ago, VintageTQ said:

He will only be getting a single entry non-o visa so that he can apply for an extension of stay at immigration during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from it.

No financial proof is required for a single or multiple entry non-o visa at HCMC

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

at hcmc is the only non o visa for thai wife or child given for 90 days or can one get a full year, whether single or multi entry?

If married to a Thai a single entry non-o visa  that allows one 90 day entry that is valid for 3 months or a multiple entry non-o visa that allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year is available.

If a parent of of a Thai you can only get a single entry non-o visa.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If married to a Thai a single entry that allows one 90 day entry and is valid for 3 months. Or a multiple entry non-o visa that allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year.

If a parent of of a Thai you can only get a single entry non-o visa.

well that is info i hadn't read yet. as a parent i will not go to hcmc for only 90 days. just reenter on visa exempt , get the 90 next and then the full yearly visa.

On 1/22/2020 at 12:13 PM, IraqRon said:

well that is info i hadn't read yet. as a parent i will not go to hcmc for only 90 days. just reenter on visa exempt , get the 90 next and then the full yearly visa.

joe, ju$t to be clear , do they give the child vi$a good for one year a$ a $ingle entry?

my key board malfunctioned,  $orry

On 1/22/2020 at 12:13 PM, IraqRon said:

You can only apply for a a non immigrant visa or a one year extension of stay at immigration if you are the legal parent of your child by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood. 

You also need 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income.

If you want a multiple entry non-o visa you can get one in in Penang if you can show the equivalent of 400k baht in a bank.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only apply for a a non immigrant visa or a one year extension of stay at immigration if you are the legal parent of your child by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood. 

You also need 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income.

If you want a multiple entry non-o visa you can get one in in Penang if you can show the equivalent of 400k baht in a bank.

at hcmc is that single entry good for a full year?